Lakewood yellow diff lube

-
Why are you stuck on the Lakewood brand? I've ran Lucas, Mopar, and a few other brands along with limited slip additive in yrs past with a clutch sure grip with no problems. Some don't even need the additive as they already have it mixed in

DR diff recommends 85w 140 conventional with a bottle of the ford FM. I'm sure lakewood is just castrol, valvoline, Pennzoil, etc.. I think any 75w 140 synthetic or 85w140 will work just fine. I used Torco RGO racing gear oil conventional with the ford FM very happy with it.

Why are you stuck on the Lakewood brand?

Back in the 90's when I first rebuilt my diff I used whatever limited slip lube was available. Had nothing but problems with tires chirping and shuddering around corners like I was using a spool. Added extra sure grip additive with no change. Called Mazzolini Racing and thats when Bob Mazzolini himself told me that the Lakewood Yellow is the only lube that will work with the clutch sure grips and stop my problems. He was right. I havent come across another lube that has worked.

My local source closed a few years back, so I threw in some Synchro-somethingorother synthetic limited slip lube and I am back to the same old problems.

That's such a salesman line... Dana makes the clutches for them, dana makes the entire thing... If that was true EVERY dana traclok, powrlok would all have problems.

Just get the Kendall FM , i use it in all clutch LS's and i don't have any problems

-
Back