laptops

-

69DARTS

69 Darts Rule
Reaction score
laptops anybody use them likes dis like any for sale its for the kids

I got rid of my desktop about 4 years ago and have been using a laptop. I have wireless in my house and have a wireless printer. I personally love it for the freedom of being able to sit on the deck or in front of the tv with it if I choose!Joe

I got rid of my desktop about 4 years ago and have been using a laptop. I have wireless in my house and have a wireless printer. I personally love it for the freedom of being able to sit on the deck or in front of the tv with it if I choose!Joe

Ditto for me too! I have 3. toolmanmike

same for me I love mine

The ol' dinasaur is still on the desk but only holds the wifes recipies, I love my laptop and wouldn't give it up for anything. It is so much better and faster and mobil its awesome.
I have a presario with vista and have had no trouble, works very well for what I do.

Its a great way to go.

The 'think pad' is a decent machine. My compaq was crap, but that could be a one off experience..

Not a fan of the lap top. I like my big ol' desk top.

Same here... Sticking with my desktop.. I spend too much time online as it is.. If I had a laptop, I'd never get anything done.. LOL

I picked up a used R51 ThinkPad about three years ago. I've since thrown in a 250GB HDD and 2GB RAM. It's been pretty much bomb-proof. I haven't really used any of my desktop machines since getting my hands on this thing.

Both of my kids have been using older ThinkPads (a T22 and a T23) for about the same amount of time. They've proven to be plenty robust for goofing around on the internet and playing low-intensity games.

Our laptop is 7 years old, kids used it to start with but have growned up and moved out. It's all i use now the old desktop hasn't been on in years, We paid 1400 dollars for this one but thats back when they were high, You can get a good one a lot cheaper now, This is a HP pavilion guess there good cause this ones been thru alot 2 teenagers fought over it for atleast 4 years

Think of it like this:
A refrigerator can hold ALL of the beer but a cooler can go with you into the back yard, camping, block parties, tailgating, fishing, you name it.

Is a laptop going to be as fast and have as much storage as a desktop? in this day and age, just about. Just remember that just about the only things you can upgrade on a laptop is the RAM and hard drive, so buy it the way you want it.
I'm pretty much a Dell guy but the old thinkpad I had was dang near bullet proof.

I have been kicking around the idea of going to a lap top myself :happy10:
It will give me more room that the big ol' desk top takes up in my living room :cheers:

Whats a desktop ? Ha. I have a great lap top and would not ever go back to a desk top. no reason to. I have my 8 year old and 5 year old learning on the laptop and they are both doing quite well at it.

sorry though.... none for sale here.

-RPM

You have to look at your primary usage to determine what's best. Personally, i have a powerful desktop that my son and I have used for gaming. I have a huge hard drive and an even bigger external hard drive for storage. I love having a gigantic screen in front of me that allows me not to have to scroll up and down the page with the annoying scroll bars just to see everything. I also like being able to use a wireless mouse and not have to fiddle with those goofy touchpads on the laptop. All that being said, you can't put a desktop in a briefcase and take it with you. My wife uses her laptop for work and surfing while I'm on the desktop. We also got a netbook this year that she can shove in her purse and we can get on the internet anywhere, any time.

I love the lap top. I have both and hardly ever use the desktop. I can sit in the living room with the family and be online with the online family. Works great for me.

I just got a new HP laptop from Best Buy with Windows 7 coming in the mail for free. Nikki got my old Dell laptop, the desk top in the house still gets used every now and then (not very much) and the desktop out in the garage hasn't been turned on since I built it about a year ago.
I love my laptop, I can still play games with it I just use a wireless mouse (on a Quake 4 kick right now), My house is set up on a wireless network and I use a 1TB external hard drive to store all my pictures, music and movies so I can just plug it into what ever computer I want.
Just make sure that you remove the battery from your laptop when it is plugged into the wall unless your charging it.

we have two laptops, and they are great especially for long nights in the chat room!!!

-
Back