Large bolt pattern conversion

-

prrc

Reaction score
I have read that using the Large bolt pattern disc set up on an early A body(1965) increases the track width of any where between 1/8 and 3/4 wider depending on the thread you are reading. Anyone have a true measurement? Ordering front wheels today.

Just went out and measured my 63 Valiant. 51 1/2 '' from wheel lip to wheel lip centered under the lower balljoints. This car has the 73 up factory A-Body disc brakes with factory 14'' steel wheels.Wheels on the ground. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the measurement. I really need mounting surface to mounting surface to get a true reading. The lower ball joint will stay the same location. Usually a aftermarket disc conversion will move track width 1/8 from a drum set up. my car is being torn apart right now for a Pro-Touring build. But I did geta before measurement with the stock drum set up. 56 3/8 Mounting surface to mounting surface. Thanks for taking the time to get a measurement.
Tim

I would be another one who would love it if someone would provide the mounting surface to mounting surface measurement for an early A-body with the 73 & up disc conversion.

THANKS!

I dont quite understand. Aren't all the rear ends the same dimension from hub to hub ?
If so wouldn't that dictate that the front would be the same to maintain the track width ?

I dont quite understand. Aren't all the rear ends the same dimension from hub to hub ?
If so wouldn't that dictate that the front would be the same to maintain the track width ?

no, the large bolt pattern discs are slightly wider. forget the exact amount though..

I know factory disk Dusters had a noticably wider front track than the rear.

I put a 67 B body 8 3/4 axle under it, and it made the rear almost equal to the front.

After measuring both the original drum set up and new disc set up it will move the track width out 11/64 on each side or 11/32 overall. So lets call it 3/8 overall.

-
Back