Large upper ball joints???

-

MemphisDart

Reaction score
Just talk to guy at salvage yard looking for 73+ upper control arms for brake swap...had no luck...he then tells me that there is a larger ball joint that you can get at the parts store that will fit current control arm on 72 dart. He couldn't remember the part #.

anybody know what part the guy was referring to?

Just talk to guy at salvage yard looking for 73+ upper control arms for brake swap...had no luck...he then tells me that there is a larger ball joint that you can get at the parts store that will fit current control arm on 72 dart. He couldn't remember the part #.

anybody know what he talking about?

No, but there are the sleeves and special nuts that allow you to use your existing ball joint size. Dr. Diff sells them and I also see them on Ebay. Looks like 67 to 72 and the eBay seller is Dr. Diff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-72-Mopar...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a21c113a8&vxp=mtr

I have not heard of any kind of conversion ball joint. On the early cars 72 and under the threaded sleeve that the ball joint screws into the opening is 1.60" give or take and the later cars sleeve is bigger than 1.75", I can't remember the exact measurement. So there is no way a large ball joint will fit in there.

IIRC, someone was making or going to make a sbj housing with a bbj stud. Only issue was they were around $90 per side.

Are you looking for some BBJ arms.

IIRC, someone was making or going to make a sbj housing with a bbj stud. Only issue was they were around $90 per side.

Are you looking for some BBJ arms.
Just a few dollars more and John at dillingerchassis.com would sent you tubular arms with new bushings and ball joints...

The issue was pricing. It was less money to find BBJ arms and new bushings/ball joints than the retro-fit ball joints.

John's stuff is a better way to go.

The issue was pricing. It was less money to find BBJ arms and new bushings/ball joints than the retro-fit ball joints.

John's stuff is a better way to go.
Well Rob.Once again I agree with ya !
Just placed my order.

-
Back