• Medez

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Mendez-Crann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What the hell is the difference as long as the kid is healthy

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
-
LOL. True religion isn’t about control at all. Sounds like you need to do some study.

Again, regardless of what the father thinks, I want you to show me where theBible says a damn thing about how a baby takes a name. Spoiler alert: it doesn’t.

Again, religion has nothing to do with it. If the father is claiming his “religion” is dictating the name of his grandson, I’d say go read Isaiah 8:20 and see if that fits. Because it doesn’t.

Religion is all about control and money as in taking yours.

he future grandfather that has the issue and is worried about his bullshit religion and the baby not being accepted into it. Hell for all we know the parents don't want their kid involved with the evil he calls religion

i don't know.. you'll have to ask this john guy john how religion fits in. its causing issues with him obviously. (read quote below)

and yes religion causes all kinds of issues. its about all it does...its all about control.. its amazing how that fictional bullshit can control so many people.

again thats totally up to the parents.. i'm sure there are millions of reasons why one would choose one or the other. in the end thats the parents choice either way.

All I can say is, if some "religion" keeps someone born out of wedlock from joining the church, that's not a church at all.

Religion is all about control and money as in taking yours.

he future grandfather that has the issue and is worried about his bullshit religion and the baby not being accepted into it. Hell for all we know the parents don't want their kid involved with the evil he calls religion

You are correct about John...it is indeed his issue. I am a bit surprised that he even asked my wife...he knows that she will tell him how she feels...and often times..at least for John..she does not agree with him. She did tell him that he needs to mind his own business....his daughter is..and I quote...a grown *** woman that is more than capable of making up her own decision on what the hell the kids last name will be.
Oddly enough John has been silent since Ernie told him how she felt.
Only thing I question is would having the dads last name on the birth certificate making going after him for child support, should they ever split up, easier? I have never been involved of any of this sort of "life stuff". Would imagine that part of any person going after another one for child support a paternity test would be standard procedure...would it not??

You are correct about John...it is indeed his issue. I am a bit surprised that he even asked my wife...he knows that she will tell him how she feels...and often times..at least for John..she does not agree with him. She did tell him that he needs to mind his own business....his daughter is..and I quote...a grown *** woman that is more than capable of making up her own decision on what the hell the kids last name will be.
Oddly enough John has been silent since Ernie told him how she felt.
Only thing I question is would having the dads last name on the birth certificate making going after him for child support, should they ever split up, easier? I have never been involved of any of this sort of "life stuff". Would imagine that part of any person going after another one for child support a paternity test would be standard procedure...would it not??
Yes there may be some differences in state to state but last name on birth certificate does have nothing to do with responsible parties as far as child support and the other legal issues paternity test would decide that if there was a dispute.

It's funny to me how people don't want to talk about religion but are the first ones to start slamming and going on about it if they're given the opportunity.

Only thing I question is would having the dads last name on the birth certificate making going after him for child support, should they ever split up, easier?

No matter what last name the kid uses the father's name should be on the birth certificate. If the father doesn't want his name on the birth certificate then he obviously doesn't want anything to do with the kid. From the sounds of it that's not the case here.

This is the first I have ever heard of John being religious in any sort of way....from what Ernie remembers John has told her several times that they, John and his deceased wife, did not have any intention of ever having kids.

Wife is having a discussion with a friend. Johns daughter is about to turn 40...is pregnant and not married.
Seeing as how there is a very diverse group in this forum figured it is a good spot to ask this...
John wants his daughter to give the baby there last name. His daughter has told him not going to happen, the baby will have the fathers last name as they are planning on getting married.
Please keep in mind I am not religious..so I have no clue what the Bible says...John is concerned with his branch of the family tree ending with him...amongst other things. One of them is that the child was conceived out of wedlock and being a member of "his religion" will not be possible...unsure of exactly what in the f**k that means.
So what say you fine folks? If you would care to explain your decision I would appreciate it...just curious as to why you answered the way you did. Will be using my last name and my wife's maiden name in the poll..
My wife and I have been talking about this off & on for several weeks now.
If your answer is not listed in the poll please do let me know what you think and I will include it, if I can...
Forgot to mention that currently the mother and father are living together in a home they purchased together. Both are employed...and make a decent living at what ever it is they do.
This is not the first time this has happened.
Babies should always have the last name of the blood father.

This is not the first time this has happened.
Babies should always have the last name of the blood father.
I don't know I just can't get behind this train of thought be it right or be it wrong a sperm donor is not a father and if the couple is not married then it is not a legal transfer of name so I believe it should be up to the mother if the father proves over a period of a Time that he is truly a father and not just a sperm donor then I believe any child would want to carry his last name. And in my case where I didn't meet my father till I was 27 after I kicked his *** his name died. There is no more important job or bigger responsibility than to raise your children support them protect them and love them, be there for them if you can't do that go jump off a bridge that's fine some kids probably crying at night wondering why nobody's explaining the rough world to him/her. And teaching a son how to be a man. It's not a title it's a job for a lifetime.

After God kicked Adam out of the Garden;
Genesis 4:1 says;
And Adam knew Eve : and she conceived.....
Up to this time, there has been no mention of a wedding ceremony; and Cain is never called a bastard.
I have an opinion.
it goes like this;
the first time a male has sex with a female, he leaves off being a boy, leaves his Mother behind, becomes a man, and cleaves to his helpmate. That cleaving, is the marriage.

It can happen that the boy has sex too early in his life, and the cleaving does not take place.

In the Bible; the men were all older and most were well established before they went to obtain a wife. Furthermore, much later in history, the children of God were instructed NOT to take spouses from outside the Family.
Before the Flood, men routinely waited until after they were past 100 years old to sire children. Since there was no bith-control at that time, the implication is that the also waited that long before they took a "wife". The youngest on record is Cainan who sired Mahalaleel at 65. The oldest is Methuselah who sired Lamech at 187.... Except for Noah, who's boys were about 100years old as they came thru the Flood, Noah being 600ish. So now, Shem, Ham, and Japheth had only been "married" for about a year and change, when they began to repopulate the Earth.
The point is that these patriarchs were mature men, and well established, when they "took" wives. The tendency today is to rush our children into marriage, far too early. And parents do not take on their roles properly to prevent pre-marital sex.
So it's inevitable that children are born out of wedlock.
And no one can say that the parents of bastards should wed because obviously, those kids did not know what they were getting into. They did not have the sense to think it thru. Well, usually the boy does, but without a proper Biblical foundation, he just does whatever he wants; especially if he is not a Christian.
What has that got to do with it?
Well, go back and read what God has to say about it. and
Remember, that we allow our governments to indoctrinate our kids, in school, with; The Theory of Evolution, Big-Bang Theory, and ball-Earth theory,which combine to produce a Godless World were since there is no absolute morality, anything and everything is permissible.
What to do in your case, I cannot pretend to say, but one thing for sure I know; And this is NOT racist:
If the girl, and the boy, don't have the same skin color, the relationship is not likely to survive. If the girl is white and has any Christian values at all, but the boy hates Christianity, it will never work. Some of those Pagan and or Heathen religions are based very strongly on the mandate to "be fruitful and multiply", and they are not at all particular about what women they sow their seeds into. And they will never stop at just one woman. So if the boy is of one of those, and the girl is not, then there is no way I would enforce a marriage, and no way I would endorse giving his name to the offspring....... because he may just be between women.
In history; God told the Israelite men not to take a Foreign wife, because He said, they would lead the man to her religion, which thing God hated.
And every time we see an example of that in the Bible, it exactly comes true.
Furthermore, when Nehemia came to power, he forced all the Israelite men to cast off their foreign wives, and children of those wives.

I can sympathize with your plight, because My own, only son, a "good" boy as man counts good, has three children with a "wife" he has no certificate of marriage with. So those kids are all bastards by definition. Neither of the parents is a Christian, and neither is a Believer (obviously). But none are practicing Pagans either. And they both are white, with a strong moral upbringing. So NONE of this family has their names written in the Book of Life. They have been together for about 9 years, so we are still hoping and praying for them.
And as far as I'm concerned, they were wed, Biblically, when they "knew" eachother..... and all the kids have my last name....... because;
my genes are in them no matter what.

Consider this;
King David "took" the already "married" Bathsheba. Then conspired to have her husband killed. Not once but several times.
Yet it is from the line of David and Bathsheba,
that Jesus would eventually come.

I don't know I just can't get behind this train of thought be it right or be it wrong a sperm donor is not a father and if the couple is not married then it is not a legal transfer of name so I believe it should be up to the mother if the father proves over a period of a Time that he is truly a father and not just a sperm donor then I believe any child would want to carry his last name. And in my case where I didn't meet my father till I was 27 after I kicked his *** his name died. There is no more important job or bigger responsibility than to raise your children support them protect them and love them, be there for them if you can't do that go jump off a bridge that's fine some kids probably crying at night wondering why nobody's explaining the rough world to him/her. And teaching a son how to be a man. It's not a title it's a job for a lifetime.
Just like in life itself, there are always exceptions.
Im out

If they are at least engaged when the baby is born, the father's last name is appropriate. If they are not at least engaged at the time of birth, the baby gets the mother's last name. Sorry, but if the father cannot display enough initiative to at least be engaged, he does not deserve the honor of the baby having his last name.

I didn't read the responses, but this exact situation happened when my niece was born 11 years ago.

My brother's girlfriend insisted on a hyphenated last name for their daughter. Her last name first, then his... I don't think the order matters really, but it has saved them numerous hassles when dealing with schools, doctors, etc.

My brother and his girlfriend are still together, and still unmarried.

Unless your friend's daughter and her boyfriend tie the knot before the kid squirts out, I would 100% advocate for the hyphenated last name. Also, if they want to change it later, it's a few bucks and a few hours at the county courthouse.

-
Back