Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
My 80 year old neighbour just had a scary thing happen on Monday. He started getting dizzy and could hardly stand up by himself. His wife called an ambulance and was taken to the local hospital. They checked him out and sent him directly to one of the big hospitals in Toronto. Apparently he had a cranial bleed and had a lot of blood around his brain. They drilled a hole in his head yesterday and drain it and will be home late this afternoon.
We've all been on eggs wondering if this was the end or what was going to happen.
He's a tough old bird. He called me from the hospital and I told him I was going to kick him in the arse and he laughed. He can't do any snow removal but I'll take care of that. Between his neighbour and myself he won't have to lift a finger. We all look after each other.
Your a good man Mark.

My 80 year old neighbour just had a scary thing happen on Monday. He started getting dizzy and could hardly stand up by himself. His wife called an ambulance and was taken to the local hospital. They checked him out and sent him directly to one of the big hospitals in Toronto. Apparently he had a cranial bleed and had a lot of blood around his brain. They drilled a hole in his head yesterday and drain it and will be home late this afternoon.
We've all been on eggs wondering if this was the end or what was going to happen.
He's a tough old bird. He called me from the hospital and I told him I was going to kick him in the arse and he laughed. He can't do any snow removal but I'll take care of that. Between his neighbour and myself he won't have to lift a finger. We all look after each other.
Good thing his wife took it seriously, and they got to it fast. Now you can tell he must have a damn hole in his head when he does something goofy :)
Sounds like you have goon neighbors, and that's something that can never be appreciated enough. I'm lucky, I do too. My neighbor across the street had (another) stroke a couple winters ago.. told him if I saw him out shoveling while he was recovering I was gonna kick his ***. (He outweighs me by a good 100 lbs.. and not fat). My kid snow blowed him out most times it snowed that winter.
Hope he's all good.

Why? If he can get it off and get access to the shaft? should work for a while. I'll tell you this though Guys. NEVER run one with the cover off. Had a power supply blow up on me once. Right next to my ear. Pretty sure it did some hearing damage. I'm a novice at best. Actually been out of it for several years. Sure did waste a lot of money in the early years.
The reason I recommended not using oil was that all the dust the fan brings though will stick to the oil, clogging up the fan and making it worse. The shaft on the top of those fans is usually covered by the plastic fan blade.. can really get oil in there.
He doesn't have to worry as long as the fan is rattling... has to worry when the rattling stops :)

Good thing his wife took it seriously, and they got to it fast. Now you can tell he must have a damn hole in his head when he does something goofy :)
Sounds like you have goon neighbors, and that's something that can never be appreciated enough. I'm lucky, I do too. My neighbor across the street had (another) stroke a couple winters ago.. told him if I saw him out shoveling while he was recovering I was gonna kick his ***. (He outweighs me by a good 100 lbs.. and not fat). My kid snow blowed him out most times it snowed that winter.
Hope he's all good.
So your a skinny old fart are ya. :poke: Another good man I figured you were.

The reason I recommended not using oil was that all the dust the fan brings though will stick to the oil, clogging up the fan and making it worse. The shaft on the top of those fans is usually covered by the plastic fan blade.. can really get oil in there.
He doesn't have to worry as long as the fan is rattling... has to worry when the rattling stops :)
So true RSie there is a lot of dust in there, I blew it out , it quieted down a little , like you said they are not expensive . Thanks for the help !

I'm 5'7", 160. Unless someone gets me to drink Jack again (damn, I miss whisky sours), then I'm 6'4", 275 and a badass, lol. Yeah, had to quit the Jack. :)
5'7" as well but 140 and not ready to give up on the whiskey just slowed down.

Just watched a documentary about fishing on the north Pacific ocean and the rough sea and brings back a lot of memories some good some bad but would not change any of it.
Out there fishing in a 30' old boat with a flat head 6 Chrysler engine that my grand dad kept running. I miss my grand dad and his smile and hugs. And his cussing when things went wrong.

22579C4A-B2A2-47DC-8084-E014B7AF091B.jpeg
Probably be up until the weekend , have another wintery mix coming in !:D
Speaking of wintery mix , my car port faces north/south lived here 30years this has only happened two other times , usually only wet heavy snow ,but -4 all day and 20 mph wind ! I’m not complaining it’s wicked :)

Hope he's all good.
It's too bad the world leaders can't adopt our ideas instead of all the sabre rattling and threats. Maybe we should let women run the world, it might be safer LOL. (Oh I know I'm going to catch crap for that statement lol) There would only be big trouble every 28 days instead of every day LOL

They're all GOONs. :)
We did have a real doorknob living across the road. He and his wife bought and moved in. She was ok but figured out he was an idiot right off. They both got into pills and booze of course and that's when the fun began. It was great entertainment.
They split up and he landed up going to jail etc etc etc. He threatened several neighbours including me but never followed through with anyone. He eventually moved out. Now that was Neighbourhood Improvement at it's finest right there.

View attachment 1715453306
Speaking of wintery mix , my car port faces north/south lived here 30years this has only happened two other times , usually only wet heavy snow ,but -4 all day and 20 mph wind ! I’m not complaining it’s wicked :)
I hear you're going to be getting really cold weather and a lot of snow. Alberta is freezing with windchills as much as -50. We're supposed to get 10-15 cm of snow on Saturday. Will the Royals be living near you Biff?

-
Back