Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I have a free flow fuel filter , which was painted oil base paint , everytime I change the the filter gas spills on the paint and ruins it . So I was thinking water base paint so the gasoline spillage won't effect it .

View attachment 1715498446
You using rattle can paint? if so never used any that would hold up to gas or any other chemical.
Water borne paint in my opinion would not change it as well but I really don't know.
If you don't have a good under coat on the bare metal than nothing will holdup.
I'm just a body man not really a good painter.

You using rattle can paint? if so never used any that would hold up to gas or any other chemical.
Water borne paint in my opinion would not change it as well but I really don't know.
If you don't have a good under coat on the bare metal than nothing will holdup.
I'm just a body man not really a good painter.
They make direct to metal waterbase paint. I think it would hold up better than oil based against gasoline. Ya ever try to clean latex soaked paint brush with solvent? Wont touch it.

Fred you been sharing your chilly ?

62F1D2A8-37E3-4FCE-B9D2-71952DC0BE4F.jpeg

got the exhaust mostly done

friday the tips will come in and I'll be able to finish and put some hangers on (to the pic with the old pipe sticking out is just to show location)

first side went great
second side, I made a slight miscalculation and cut it a little to close
needless to say, I had to weld that so I could cut it again

I also had to cut both the 45s to get them right where I want

not bad for me not being a welder, and having used a flux core

20200401_151841.jpg

20200401_151950.jpg

20200401_160930.jpg

20200401_161250.jpg

20200401_163456.jpg

20200401_164234.jpg

friday the tips will come in and I'll be able to finish and put some hangers on (to the pic with the old pipe sticking out is just to show location)

first side went great

View attachment 1715498485

View attachment 1715498486

View attachment 1715498487

View attachment 1715498488

View attachment 1715498489

View attachment 1715498490
Time to wash it.:poke:

first side went great

View attachment 1715498485

View attachment 1715498486

View attachment 1715498487

View attachment 1715498488

View attachment 1715498489

View attachment 1715498490
You did good hard to weld with flux core.

I here ya buddy been there and it sucks kissing butt to get the truck loaded or unloaded and trying to play by stupid rules. I hated driving semi ya hurry and wait.
You local or over the road?

Strictly local, I tried going OTR when I was much younger and hated it, doubt that I would like it any more now that I'm older, wiser, and crankier. LOL

Strictly local, I tried going OTR when I was much younger and hated it, doubt that I would like it any more now that I'm older, wiser, and crankier. LOL
Same here but lost my CDL for health reasons and works for me.

Well good thing here it stopped raining the bad thing is it's raining ice so glad I can stay home.
Bored as hell but safe. :)

Thanks you guys from west of me ice is coming down pretty hard now so gonna dig out the generator.

Yup, home, fed, and relaxing, came down pretty heavy yesterday, and some this morning, not quite as bad.
Not often does the snow come straight down here but it is today got about an 1" now and snowing hard. I can't complain it's been a warm winter here for the most part.

I have 3 kids working in Fargo at the same place and a guy got the virus that works there so not gonna be able to see some of my kids for sometime.

I have 3 kids working in Fargo at the same place and a guy got the virus that works there so not gonna be able to see some of my kids for sometime.

One of our guys called in sick this morning, he's apparently been told to stay home for the next 14 days. We only have 8 drivers in our office, gonna be interesting if we lose another one.

One of our guys called in sick this morning, he's apparently been told to stay home for the next 14 days. We only have 8 drivers in our office, gonna be interesting if we lose another one.
What are you hauling if you don't mind me asking.

-
Back