Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
chrome, it matches the glass trim
unless you want to pull the trim off and send it to me, ill put it on my duster, then you can do painted

I think I like the chrome better too. Hard to tell when not in real life. Or semi gloss black. Sem products makes a nice "trim" black.

Hey guys got my chrome mirrors on , I'm torn between the painted ones and the chrome ones , I am open for some opinions , which ones you like better . Thanks for any input . Myself I'm liking the painted ones better, but the duster came with chrome ones from the factory .

View attachment 1715502596

View attachment 1715502597

View attachment 1715502598
I like the body colored ones myself Mike they don't stand out as much and nice mirrors but I think the chrome ones take away from the cars body lines.
Damn I love that car...

Fitting my exhaust today and not working real good the X pipe connections don't line up with the headers at all. I think I should have gone without the X pipe would have made it much easier.
Live and learn I guess.

Fitting my exhaust today and not working real good the X pipe connections don't line up with the headers at all. I think I should have gone without the X pipe would have made it much easier.
Live and learn I guess.
i had the same issue, even though it came of a small block with the same header

I ended up loosing all the header bolts, that gave me the room I needed to get the X pipe bolts started

i had the same issue, even though it came of a small block with the same header

I ended up loosing all the header bolts, that gave me the room I needed to get the X pipe bolts started
Didn't that put the headers in a bind? I'm not a exhaust expert at all so have no idea.
Mine are not even close like 4" on both sides from lining up.

Are you missing some pipes Fred?

exhaust%20005.jpg

20200407_142710.jpg
Pictures are worth a 1,000 words.
Had to move the X pipe back to keep it away from the gear vendor but that would not change this angle I think.
If Pypes can't help me I will do what every red blooded American does and bend the Fuc* out of it. :D

View attachment 1715502704 Pictures are worth a 1,000 words.
Had to move the X pipe back to keep it away from the gear vendor but that would not change this angle I think.
If Pypes can't help me I will do what every red blooded American does and bend the Fuc* out of it. :D
You mean Factory Adjustments Fred. Lets keep this professional.
I like the painted mirrors myself. Either or really it's a personal choice but for me painted is the way to go.

You mean Factory Adjustments Fred. Lets keep this professional.
I like the painted mirrors myself. Either or really it's a personal choice but for me painted is the way to go.
I would guess you remember how to adjust a door on a car Mark, bend twist and get a BFH. lol

I would guess you remember how to adjust a door on a car Mark, bend twist and get a BFH. lol
A knee on the bottom of the window and pull on the top frame works good too. Jamming a pile of rags in the hinge side with welded hinges and close the door does a great job also. I'm sure you know more tricks than me Fred

Ate lunch outside on the deck today and then went out for another drive today. Beautiful day. Went over to see my buddy and sat and talked for about 1 hr. He was on his front porch and I was on a chair on his sidewalk and about 10 feet apart. We had a lot of laughs and sure brightened his day as he lives alone. I tried to get him to put the battery in his 66 Goat and go for a rip but he wanted to finish off his yard. Clouding over now and rain coming in this evening and into tomorrow they are saying. A great day indeed. My wife spent her afternoon in the garden. Hope everyone else had a good day.

A knee on the bottom of the window and pull on the top frame works good too. Jamming a pile of rags in the hinge side with welded hinges and close the door does a great job also. I'm sure you know more tricks than me Fred
Never used a rag most the time a socket. Good idea Mark the rag would work good to fine tune a door.

Ate lunch outside on the deck today and then went out for another drive today. Beautiful day. Went over to see my buddy and sat and talked for about 1 hr. He was on his front porch and I was on a chair on his sidewalk and about 10 feet apart. We had a lot of laughs and sure brightened his day as he lives alone. I tried to get him to put the battery in his 66 Goat and go for a rip but he wanted to finish off his yard. Clouding over now and rain coming in this evening and into tomorrow they are saying. A great day indeed. My wife spent her afternoon in the garden. Hope everyone else had a good day.
Glad you had a good day Mark my day has been on a creeper installing exhaust and my back is a little sore but I did have a good day.
Feels good to work on my car and a happy camper I am.

Called Pypes and talked to the guy that sold it to me, real nice guy and he told me what I thought he would bend the fuc* out of it and cut and splice.
Headers are not always straight and hard to tell the angle.

Rock salt in a shot gun I heard works real good ?
Had the rock salt treatment, Hit em in the *** it wont kill them. Personally I had to get to the local men,s store to replace the new Birdwell Beach Britches I got for mt birthwday before MOM saw them!

yup, i see the problem
looks like you header gaskets are probably to thick

you can try putting a bottle jack in between the pypes and push them out, but no guarantee they would still seal

you running stock heads?

yup, i see the problem
looks like you header gaskets are probably to thick

you can try putting a bottle jack in between the pypes and push them out, but no guarantee they would still seal

you running stock heads?
20200224_215417.jpg
Edelbrock heads so I will be careful putting any bind on the headers. Gonna cut and weld I guess is the best way to go.

-
Back