Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
4082C4DC-80BF-4B49-8278-B8B793ACBC32.jpeg

Got into it with our cable supplier today. My contract ends Aug 20th. They informed me they won't be using cable anymore and going to this Flex package. So this means both my PVR's will become extinct and we'll be getting less channels for 40 bucks a month more. What a deal, I can hardly wait. It's basically a Monopoly between the two companies we have here in Canada. Rogers (the one I have) and Bell. Between the two they have bought up all the other companies (so I've been told) so they have you by the short and curlies. Not a happy camper

Got into it with our cable supplier today. My contract ends Aug 20th. They informed me they won't be using cable anymore and going to this Flex package. So this means both my PVR's will become extinct and we'll be getting less channels for 40 bucks a month more. What a deal, I can hardly wait. It's basically a Monopoly between the two companies we have here in Canada. Rogers (the one I have) and Bell. Between the two they have bought up all the other companies (so I've been told) so they have you by the short and curlies. Not a happy camper
I here ya Mark it's all about money as far as I see and not liking it. I have the basic $100 a month for all you can eat internet and a few channels I never use and a house phone that I never use because everything is long distance and adds more on the bill. I basically use my internet to search for parts for the scamp check out what is happening in the world and watch U tube now and then and the best part and the reason I keep my internet is to talk to all you guys and at this point would shut it down but I really like all my friends here and glad you put up with me.

Hey guys. I apologize for what I posted yesterday and especially to you DIY. I was out of order. Lets just keep this site to having fun and no more pointing fingers and criticizing. Sometimes I'm too quick to pull the trigger. I've taken it down
no worries brother
I get its a touchie subject and the more it drags on, the more entrenched we become in our opinions

I dont easily get offended and you don't shake my worldview just by having a different one

You guys have been busy today posting.
Retired CF so we can post without the boss giving us a bad time. Your home now so grab a beer sit your butt down and join in.
Sure better than putting on a mask to chat with the neighbor or going to Wal Mart.

Or sitting on a plane in north Carolina waiting for the storm to pass so we can fly home
Been there and sorry that sucks I spent the night at an air port once last November waiting for the weather to clear up. You got the kids with you?

Been there and sorry that sucks I spent the night at an air port once last November waiting for the weather to clear up. You got the kids with you?
You know it
Heading back from vacation with some friends
6 adults, 10 kids

If it takes much longer were getting of and renting a few cars, driving home...its only 800 miles

You know it
Heading back from vacation with some friends
6 adults, 10 kids

If it takes much longer were getting of and renting a few cars, driving home...its only 800 miles
I here ya was 700 for me and only needed 1 car and no little kids.
Sorry my friend hang in there you'll do fine.

We went through that in June, wife called Shaw (Rogers) to inquire about a problem with tv. Had been an ongoing issue for the last 3 years or more, every time it would rain heavy we'd lose the signal, etc. We got switched to a new package, $50 bucks a month more, and less to choose from. She wanted to be switched back, was told that was impossible, got transferred 5 times, the last a hole refused to let her speak to a supervisor or manager, and got really ignorant. We switched to Telus 3 days later, got Netflix included with the package, $100.00 a month less and more channels plus several free movie channels. Also 2 free PVRs.

Last edited:
its only 800 miles

That was my Saturday, drove 800 miles, just me and my wife, she bought something online thinking that friends of ours would be able to pick it up on their vacation this week, until their plans changed, we either went and got or she lost her money, so.......800 miles round trip.

-
Back