Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I'll give it a few days of figuring out the problem because I'm curious to what went wrong.
Not sure what went into that rebuild 5000 miles ago but that 904 is gonna need some special parts to survive behind that beast of an engine you have.

Not sure what went into that rebuild 5000 miles ago but that 904 is gonna need some special parts to survive behind that beast of an engine you have.
I told the transmission shop to build it to handle 450 HP and they also installed the Gear Vendor and took the tranny out of the car and put it back in that cost me $3,000 not including the cost of the gear Vendor. But I think your right I toasted my tranny it couldn't handle that much toque even with just cheap street tires on.
Wasn't planing on putting that much torque behind it when I rebuilt the tranny but what the hell..

I told the transmission shop to build it to handle 450 HP and they also installed the Gear Vendor and took the tranny out of the car and put it back in that cost me $3,000 not including the cost of the gear Vendor. But I think your right I toasted my tranny it couldn't handle that much toque even with just cheap street tires on.
Wasn't planing on putting that much torque behind it when I rebuilt the tranny but what the hell..
Wow you can get a pro street 904 for 1,595.00
904trans-254x203.jpg

Well from what I found out the kick down linkage was out of adjustment and didn't take long to toast the tranny.
Live and learn I guess.

Yea I read that on your post !

That sucks!!!
Well not the only thing I did wrong in my life and not gonna be the last but not giving up yet.
Will check the band adjustment and do a few more checks then pull the tranny and see what is the problem. But today just gonna say screw it because I let someone else use my jack stands and not getting under my car without them. lol

Well from what I found out the kick down linkage was out of adjustment and didn't take long to toast the tranny.
Live and learn I guess.
I don't know **** about transmissions. Hoping to learn something myself. I just watched an animated movie on youtube that was kind of cool. Eric the car guy has some videos' that I have not watched yet. I need to get my fat *** out to the shop.

I don't know **** about transmissions. Hoping to learn something myself. I just watched an animated movie on youtube that was kind of cool. Eric the car guy has some videos' that I have not watched yet. I need to get my fat *** out to the shop.
Not me my skinny *** is going for a walk and coming back home and figure out what's for supper tonight.

Well no car show for me today my transmission started to slip.
Didn't want to go in 3rd gear just kinda slipped trying to shift so turned around and noticed it was slipping in reverse as well. 1st and 2nd seem just fine but wasn't far from the house thank God. Fluid level is good no leaks Sooo what the hell???
3rd and reverse are on the same band Fred. That's what I've been told.

never had it apart just cleaned the outside and put it back in the car and the front pump is new when tranny was rebuilt about 5,000 mile ago. Thinking I screwed up adjusting the bands.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Check out Google again or take it to a trans guy (not a transvestite)

Got the brakes all done and they stop dead straight so that is good. Going to let them seat in for a short while then readjust them. Bit of a long pedal.
Were able to use the same drums and just had them turned so I still have a spare drum for later on. While my buddy was working on the brakes I cleaned and polished the front wheels (perfect opportunity) and when he was finished and repainted the front drums so everything looks nice again. Sure glad it warmed up some as it was bloody cool this morning. Even had to close 3 of the windows up with the heater on.
Same again tonight I'm afraid.

Got the brakes all done and they stop dead straight so that is good. Going to let them seat in for a short while then readjust them. Bit of a long pedal.
Were able to use the same drums and just had them turned so I still have a spare drum for later on. While my buddy was working on the brakes I cleaned and polished the front wheels (perfect opportunity) and when he was finished and repainted the front drums so everything looks nice again. Sure glad it warmed up some as it was bloody cool this morning. Even had to close 3 of the windows up with the heater on.
Same again tonight I'm afraid.
Get any pictures Mark? you know me I like pictures...

Been a long day I think I'll skip dinner go for a long walk and vegetate.

Well no car show for me today my transmission started to slip.
Didn't want to go in 3rd gear just kinda slipped trying to shift so turned around and noticed it was slipping in reverse as well. 1st and 2nd seem just fine but wasn't far from the house thank God. Fluid level is good no leaks Sooo what the hell???
Sorry to hear about the slippage. No trans guru but don't think adjustment would cause it. Gettin close to winter hibernation for cars. Last 2 days put pvc flooring in car trailer.

Sorry to hear about the slippage. No trans guru but don't think adjustment would cause it. Gettin close to winter hibernation for cars. Last 2 days put pvc flooring in car trailer.
Yea time to put mine to bed as well sure missed seeing your car at the track in Minot this year.

Not saying I'm last or anything cause not wanting a prize for being last just saying I'm last for saying good night.
Damn I know Mark will still give me **** for this in the morning and if he doesn't CF will.

Morning men, no smoke for 2 days now , worked on the boat yesterday in my shorts and no shirt . Yikes I know:poke: you all stay safe today ttyl.

-
Back