Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Took my Dart to work yesterday and today, made it there and back both days! I still need to get it running better, and definitely need tailpipes, the noise and the stink are just a bit much. Got a quote from one local exhaust shop for $400.00. Going to check another one tomorrow or next week. Might put the MSD distributor back in too. I also finally got the Wieand intake manifold that I bought from a member in Feb 2020, it's been stuck at the border since March 2020, cost more than I wanted to get it through customs and brought up, but it's finally done.

Aluminum manifolds are carriers of the dreaded Pie Derecho Pesado Virus and must quarantine for 68 weeks :realcrazy:

Yep chevy is now a rice grinder.
20210730_193508.jpg

So I walk by a truck today 68 k10 the apprentice is doing the brake lines so I took a picture
20210730_123246.jpg

What in tarnation are you doing kid ! I thought he was smarter and took a little pride I WAS WRONG !

Wtf am I supposed to say to that ,I might hurt his millennial feelings if I say anything, I just said that's not the kinda work this shop turns out fix that fuckin mess before anyone sees it .
Don't know if I could do better on a rust bucket like that. The HO **** was the rust not the fix.

Looks like he's trying to sell a few extra fittings, or give the owner more places to leak:

Holy crap I picked up my truck tonight and they broke both tailgate emblems. No biggy I said they are 16 years old. I called and ordered them from my local dealer and they really like them. It is 103 for the Silverado one and 77 for the Chevrolet one.
Do you get a kiss with that too?

Talked to FOG today and he said he's still looking for a 440 block. I called a couple of sources. One guy is right out of his tree. 76-78 bare block 800 bucks. The other guy has a complete 440 engine for 500 bucks. Problem being it's about a 7 hr drive one way to get it. Might be better to get a Hellcat engine and do the conversion.
Correction only 4.5 hrs one way by Google Maps so not as bad

-
Back