Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Still lots of smoke here from the fires in Canada and yea dry here.
We're getting smoke from up North and from BC as well. We've had our share of rain lately but up North is different. They've had to move people from up North down to Toronto and put them up in hotels till things clear up.

Morning guys and once again Happy Friday. Start of a 3 days weekend here.
Weather not looking very promising till Monday, go figure... that sucks for the working crowd.
Here's a nice grocery getter.

We're getting smoke from up North and from BC as well. We've had our share of rain lately but up North is different. They've had to move people from up North down to Toronto and put them up in hotels till things clear up.
Feel sorry for them and hope it does clear up soon.

821_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=mhU3XLJauIEAX_NRHON&_nc_ht=scontent.fbis1-1.jpg

A laugh or two...or maybe it's real life...
upload_2021-7-30_11-53-16.gif
upload_2021-7-30_11-53-16.gif

My tolerance for idiots is extremely low today. I used to have some immunity built up, but obviously there is a new strain out there.

Felt uncomfortable driving into the cemetery. The GPS blurted out "You have reached your final destination."

My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

Apparently RSVPing to a wedding invitation "Maybe next time," isn't the correct response.

Hard to believe I once had a phone attached to a wall, and when it rang, I picked it up without knowing who was calling, and I'm still alive.

Turns out that being a “senior" is mostly just googling how to do stuff.

Do you ever get up in the morning, look in the mirror and think "That can't be accurate."

Fight...

Husband (a doctor) and his wife are having a fight at the breakfast table. Husband gets up in a rage and says, 'And you are no good in bed either,' and storms out of the house.

After some time he realizes he was nasty and decides to make amends and rings her up.

She comes to the phone after many rings, and the irritated husband says, 'What took you so long to answer to the phone?'

She says, 'I was in bed.'

'In bed this early, doing what?'

'Getting a second opinion!'

Fight...

Husband (a doctor) and his wife are having a fight at the breakfast table. Husband gets up in a rage and says, 'And you are no good in bed either,' and storms out of the house.

After some time he realizes he was nasty and decides to make amends and rings her up.

She comes to the phone after many rings, and the irritated husband says, 'What took you so long to answer to the phone?'

She says, 'I was in bed.'

'In bed this early, doing what?'

'Getting a second opinion!'
Thanks for the laugh those were good.

Anytime of the year Fred. We're being infested with Japanese Beetles at the moment. Little buggers are killing everything. Trying to find the traps in stores, most are sold out
Haven't had to deal with them here but I'm sure they will get here someday.

Talked to FOG today and he said he's still looking for a 440 block. I called a couple of sources. One guy is right out of his tree. 76-78 bare block 800 bucks. The other guy has a complete 440 engine for 500 bucks. Problem being it's about a 7 hr drive one way to get it. Might be better to get a Hellcat engine and do the conversion.

Talked to FOG today and he said he's still looking for a 440 block. I called a couple of sources. One guy is right out of his tree. 76-78 bare block 800 bucks. The other guy has a complete 440 engine for 500 bucks. Problem being it's about a 7 hr drive one way to get it. Might be better to get a Hellcat engine and do the conversion.
After seeing what SLO did to convert to a hell cat engine it might be cheaper to take a drive.

Holy crap I picked up my truck tonight and they broke both tailgate emblems. No biggy I said they are 16 years old. I called and ordered them from my local dealer and they really like them. It is 103 for the Silverado one and 77 for the Chevrolet one.

Holy crap I picked up my truck tonight and they broke both tailgate emblems. No biggy I said they are 16 years old. I called and ordered them from my local dealer and they really like them. It is 103 for the Silverado one and 77 for the Chevrolet one.
Yup, several years ago I was repairing a 2005 Chevy Malibu for my stepson, he bought it at an auction, had some front end damage, I replaced 1 fender, the hood, the grille and the bumper cover with all aftermarket parts. All reasonably cheap, but the little plastic bow tie emblem was dealer only, IIRC it was $67.00! I told them to keep it for that price, that was probably 10 years ago or more.

Yea I know and not getting any cheaper. I have a nice bow tie emblem not sure if it's the same one for the tail gate but should be close I think. Let me know what size it is and I'll send mine to you if you want it.

Yup, several years ago I was repairing a 2005 Chevy Malibu for my stepson, he bought it at an auction, had some front end damage, I replaced 1 fender, the hood, the grille and the bumper cover with all aftermarket parts. All reasonably cheap, but the little plastic bow tie emblem was dealer only, IIRC it was $67.00! I told them to keep it for that price, that was probably 10 years ago or more.
I keep all the good emblems that I replace on cars so if there is one you need just ask me I might have it and will send it your way.

Took my Dart to work yesterday and today, made it there and back both days! I still need to get it running better, and definitely need tailpipes, the noise and the stink are just a bit much. Got a quote from one local exhaust shop for $400.00. Going to check another one tomorrow or next week. Might put the MSD distributor back in too. I also finally got the Wieand intake manifold that I bought from a member in Feb 2020, it's been stuck at the border since March 2020, cost more than I wanted to get it through customs and brought up, but it's finally done.

Yea I know and not getting any cheaper. I have a nice bow tie emblem not sure if it's the same one for the tail gate but should be close I think. Let me know what size it is and I'll send mine to you if you want it.
Thanks but I ordered them already. Mine dont have the bowtie on the gate Chevrolet on the right and Silverado on the left.

Took my Dart to work yesterday and today, made it there and back both days! I still need to get it running better, and definitely need tailpipes, the noise and the stink are just a bit much. Got a quote from one local exhaust shop for $400.00. Going to check another one tomorrow or next week. Might put the MSD distributor back in too. I also finally got the Wieand intake manifold that I bought from a member in Feb 2020, it's been stuck at the border since March 2020, cost more than I wanted to get it through customs and brought up, but it's finally done.
Customs sucks.

A laugh or two...or maybe it's real life...View attachment 1715773463View attachment 1715773464

My tolerance for idiots is extremely low today. I used to have some immunity built up, but obviously there is a new strain out there.

Felt uncomfortable driving into the cemetery. The GPS blurted out "You have reached your final destination."

My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

Apparently RSVPing to a wedding invitation "Maybe next time," isn't the correct response.

Hard to believe I once had a phone attached to a wall, and when it rang, I picked it up without knowing who was calling, and I'm still alive.

Turns out that being a “senior" is mostly just googling how to do stuff.

Do you ever get up in the morning, look in the mirror and think "That can't be accurate."

:lol::lol::lol:

-
Back