Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Morning guys and Happy Monday. Start of a new week so hope everything goes well for everyone.
We have a federal election coming so wife and I are going to take advantage of the advance polling today and avoid the rush.

I didn't go to the car show last night but got some pictures from FB.
Look at all the Dubs that showed up. See the one with the tilting rear window. That kits comes from California. They are a neat car and almost indestructible it seems. Those engines are bulletproof.
241818905_401621001519243_698823834999115975_n.jpg
241835353_986338825545147_5567096272931630938_n.jpg
241940999_986339605545069_199726879661153702_n.jpg

**** Ahoey I'm still 6 volt and lucky I have no problems. Was going to go the Alt. but don't drive it much and don't need headlights.
Got extra parts if ya need something let me know.
I'll see if I can find some answer in my books.
Doing a little research found a company that make a geared 12v starter called powerlite but they are in England can’t seem to find a dealer in canada

I didn't go to the car show last night but got some pictures from FB.
Look at all the Dubs that showed up. See the one with the tilting rear window. That kits comes from California. They are a neat car and almost indestructible it seems. Those engines are bulletproof.
View attachment 1715789974 View attachment 1715789975 View attachment 1715789976
Ya I have a 71 super bug chopped down for a dune buggy. Bent up gas pipe made a roll cage installed 5 point harnesses 1600cc put a tee pee header on it made a intake adapter put a 44 mm mikuni flat slide with excellator pumps. 6’ wheel base pretty crazy bullet proof as long as you mount the engine and transaxle SOLID lots of fun I call it the first side by side.

The shipping would kill you
Kind of why I was looking for a Canadian dealer. But if one company makes it there will be others the search goes on. The reason for all this is 6 v positive ground generator with a cut out not a voltage regulator. If the cut out reads a load the generator just keeps putting out till it burns out can be something as small as 1dead cell in battery. Not one of Henery’s better ideas

Kind of why I was looking for a Canadian dealer. But if one company makes it there will be others the search goes on. The reason for all this is 6 v positive ground generator with a cut out not a voltage regulator. If the cut out reads a load the generator just keeps putting out till it burns out can be something as small as 1dead cell in battery. Not one of Henery’s better ideas
Hey Murray, If you call Fawcett Motors in Whitby and ask for Peter Fawcett (tell him I gave you his name and number 905-668-4446 ). He will be able to advise you what path to go and probably even sell you a started motor kit as well. I've known Peter for many years doing his glasswork and I've always known him to be very knowledgeable and honest as well. Tell him I said hi. I should drop in to see him. He's only 6-7 kms away from me. Good luck

Just got this catalog from Snyder's out of Ohio hope it helps Ahoey.
Ya I have the same catalog and it is definitely an option. But goin to do some more research. There must be someone in Winnipeg that has or can get a 12 v starter. I think the 2n,8n, and 9n ford tractors use a very similar starter as the engine is basically a model A engine. Thanks for the help

Ya I have the same catalog and it is definitely an option. But goin to do some more research. There must be someone in Winnipeg that has or can get a 12 v starter. I think the 2n,8n, and 9n ford tractors use a very similar starter as the engine is basically a model A engine. Thanks for the help
I think your right and might be cheaper off a tractor and easy to get local.

Henry was smart trucks,cars tractors all use the same parts genius even the parts he had shipped he used that wood too :thumbsup:

He WAS a genius. And a dickhead :thumbsup:
Don't know what year that Mr Ford put a pamphlet in every new car or how many even exist today but he ( from what I herd) was warning people about the International Jewish people. Lots of stories about it a long time ago from what my grand father told me.
But I like my old Fords even if my truck cab is made from an old pallet. lol

Don't know what year that Mr Ford put a pamphlet in every new car or how many even exist today but he ( from what I herd) was warning people about the International Jewish people. Lots of stories about it a long time ago from what my grand father told me.
But I like my old Fords even if my truck cab is made from an old pallet. lol
If I got the story straight. One of his employees put in the suggestion that parts being shipped in arrive on a pallet specified to be certain measurements. Then that pallet was used as a floor in the cars, trucks whatever. Mr Ford awarded the guy something like 1 million $ for his suggestion.

Heading up to the old family cottage today and get together with my wife's cousins. Today should be fine but then a big storm coming in the evening. Maybe I can grab a snooze somewhere LOL

Heading up to the old family cottage today and get together with my wife's cousins. Today should be fine but then a big storm coming in the evening. Maybe I can grab a snooze somewhere LOL
Sounds like I'll a good plan taking a nap might join ya.

That looks like something one of us would do.
Wish I could find a pic of my polecycle
Polish bicycle 26” bike frame 5 hp briggs with a comet centrifugal clutch. Bike speedo only went to 30 mph could bury it no problem. A little hairy on the gravel road but sure beat peddling

Wish I could find a pic of my polecycle
Polish bicycle 26” bike frame 5 hp briggs with a comet centrifugal clutch. Bike speedo only went to 30 mph could bury it no problem. A little hairy on the gravel road but sure beat peddling
Would love to see it. Giving me ideas on building my grand kids next toy.

-
Back