Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I live in a mobile home so all my sewer is just behind the skirting till it goes in the ground.
Put a 240 v construction heater under there set it to just above freezing you’ll have no problem and nice warm floors. I lived in a mobile for 20 years before I built my house.

IMG_20211008_172442585.jpg
Wish I could go back in time and buy all of them.

Like I told you last year, get some gutter heat wire and wrap that around it
Think it's cheaper to put insulation around it. If the power goes out for to long that would freeze it up.
Depends on if we get enough snow then all would be fine. Last year little snow and 40 below and not good.

Think it's cheaper to put insulation around it. If the power goes out for to long that would freeze it up.
Depends on if we get enough snow then all would be fine. Last year little snow and 40 below and not good.
Both of those ideas will work fine. But you will still have to wear slippers inside because the floors will be cold even with snow banking. For the money and effort I found the construction heater was the way to go no traps freezing or potable water pipes. This was my experience anyway.

Both of those ideas will work fine. But you will still have to wear slippers inside because the floors will be cold even with snow banking. For the money and effort I found the construction heater was the way to go no traps freezing or potable water pipes. This was my experience anyway

I also installed a tire valve in the potable water system so I could blow it out in case of a major power outage

What’s up it’s Friday night ,any big plans for the long weekend guys ? Got the engine out of the smart car ,boss took the engine hoist home I mentioned that I needed it he didn’t understand why .the engine is out isn’t it, yup gotta take the tranny and clutch off the old motor I said ,oooh I’ll bring it in on tuesday , great I’ll clean up .lol

Both of those ideas will work fine. But you will still have to wear slippers inside because the floors will be cold even with snow banking. For the money and effort I found the construction heater was the way to go no traps freezing or potable water pipes. This was my experience anyway.
Never banked the snow here and my floor is warm. I think my pipe froze because of 2 things I had a leaky faucet and the wind was blowing real hard at 40 below. The snow build up around my house would help keep the wind out for sure.

What’s up it’s Friday night ,any big plans for the long weekend guys ? Got the engine out of the smart car ,boss took the engine hoist home I mentioned that I needed it he didn’t understand why .the engine is out isn’t it, yup gotta take the tranny and clutch off the old motor I said ,oooh I’ll bring it in on tuesday , great I’ll clean up .lol
Damn boss it sure cuts in the pay check when that happens I bet.

Never banked the snow here and my floor is warm. I think my pipe froze because of 2 things I had a leaky faucet and the wind was blowing real hard at 40 below. The snow build up around my house would help keep the wind out for sure.
When the snow would get deep enough I would circle the trailer with the snowblower and bank it up to the bottom of windows if I could.

You remember my neighbours Husky/Malamute? He's now 16 weeks and growing like a weed. He's such a great dog and very relaxed. Just plain lovable
1.Bear-Craig's pup.jpg
2.Bear -Oct 2021.jpg

Morning guys. Looks like a rainy day today but Sunday and Monday look great.
A chance to clean inside the house before my daughter comes tomorrow.
Have a good one

Then they become turdcycles.
Oh it gets worse than that. Need to get an old fire extinguisher the kind you can pressurize with the air compressor put a long piece of 1/8 copper tubing on hose fill it with boiling water open septic tank get the tubing inside outlet pipe and start melting if your lucky it won’t take much. One very important detail I forgot to mention is ALLL valves in trailer MUST NOT LEAK! I repeat MUST NOT LEAK. A slow slow trickle of water will freeze and plug pipe. It might keep your potable water from freezing but your drains will. If I had to do it over I wouldn’t buy a trailer. I would build a garage slab on grade live there till I could build a house then you have a nice shop and no mobile home ****.

i had a VW once that had a range on the display, you know, 30 miles left per tank type deal
ive ran that one down to 0 a few times

The Ex says one evening "I think the Jeep needs gas. A light came on." "When did the light come on?" "Oh, just as I left work." I take and head for the closest station I can think of. Jeep quits as I hit the driveway at the station and coasts to the pump :BangHead::lol:. I probly had some 20-1 premix in the garage but it seemed a shame to waste good Yamalube 2 Stroke oil :rofl:

The Ex says one evening "I think the Jeep needs gas. A light came on." "When did the light come on?" "Oh, just as I left work." I take and head for the closest station I can think of. Jeep quits as I hit the driveway at the station and coasts to the pump :BangHead::lol:. I probly had some 20-1 premix in the garage but it seemed a shame to waste good Yamalube 2 Stroke oil :rofl:
I know your right I burn that in my old 02 SRX 700 pricey crap but never had a problem 35000k on it and it will still make you scrape your pants out

i think i mighta told this story before, but it is too good not to share it again

this was about 5, 6 years ago and my parents were visiting us
back then, my father in law had a little saturn ion and he had hit something and needed some parts for it
(and by "some parts" i mean pretty much an entire front end)

now, it just so happened that i had to go to the Consulate in chicago to renew my passport and i had found a junkyard outside of chicago that had the right car sitting there
right color and everything
only problem is, i didnt have a truck at the time
so, i borrowed my buddies 1/2 ton chevy with the 350 in it

i picked it up late at night and glanced at the fuel gauge which was sitting neatly on F
i figured he musta filled it up before i came, because, honestly, thats what i would have done

so the next morning we all pile in the truck (me, the wife, my parents, and the baby) and we left around 5 on the 150 mile trip to chicago
my appointment was at 9 and we were doing good in time so we stopped for breakfast for a quick minute and i got to the consulate right on time

as im walking toward the window, my phone starts to ring
now, they dont take kindly to people being on phones at the window so i toss it to my wife and go talk to the lady

we run through my paperwork and i get my receipts back and all is well

so i turn around and ask the wife who called me
she said it was my buddy, whose truck i borrowed

oh , what did he want?
he said to make sure you fill it up before you go because the fuel gauge is busted and stuck on F, and he has no clue how much is really in there

Went out after lunch and started cleaning up the finger prints off the garage and car.
Spent some extra time on the car checking it over real careful looking for any damage. Absolutely none thank goodness. Funny thing to say but it feels like my car again. Would have gone for a rip but it was raining pretty good.

-
Back