Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Morning and Happy Hump Day.
Doesn't look like much went on here last night.
In a hassle with my cable company AGAIN!!.
All my promotions run out on the 15th.
They're putting the price up 55 bucks a month and I have to go onto their new system called Ignite. This will make my 2 pvr's I own inoperable.
I do get a new one for free (yeah right) and I'll have to rent the other one for 10 a month oh and less channels. So the price goes up, makes my pvr's out of date and I have to rent one and I get less channels unless I want to buy them monthly.
What a hell of a deal!!!
We basically have 4 cable companies with the two largest ones being Rogers (my supplier) and Bell and they are trying to buy out the competition so will be a two company monopoly which is supposed to be illegal. They have the Canadian Radio and Television Commission wrapped around their little finger or someone in the upper chambers has been bought (that couldn't happen could it?)
We need some competition up here from the south. Maybe that would help.

Morning and Happy Hump Day.
Doesn't look like much went on here last night.
In a hassle with my cable company AGAIN!!.
All my promotions run out on the 15th.
They're putting the price up 55 bucks a month and I have to go onto their new system called Ignite. This will make my 2 pvr's I own inoperable.
I do get a new one for free (yeah right) and I'll have to rent the other one for 10 a month oh and less channels. So the price goes up, makes my pvr's out of date and I have to rent one and I get less channels unless I want to buy them monthly.
What a hell of a deal!!!
We basically have 4 cable companies with the two largest ones being Rogers (my supplier) and Bell and they are trying to buy out the competition so will be a two company monopoly which is supposed to be illegal. They have the Canadian Radio and Television Commission wrapped around their little finger or someone in the upper chambers has been bought (that couldn't happen could it?)
We need some competition up here from the south. Maybe that would help.
Same as everything else, insurance company’s, Department stores, power companies, taxes, banks. It’s the oldest game in the book “ the old bait and switch “. Get’em hooked up the price. Tec companies are the worst, you buy the very latest in tec. Phone, laptop, etc and not even 6 months later it’s out of date. We used to ***** that companies made junk, planned obsolescence. Now the product quality is up but the companies are junk. Go figure.

Morning guys all the snow has melted (except where it’s piled) warm supposed to get in the double digits by Friday, been picking up some small jobs after hours to pad the retirement fund ,can’t wait for that .

Morning guys all the snow has melted (except where it’s piled) warm supposed to get in the double digits by Friday, been picking up some small jobs after hours to pad the retirement fund ,can’t wait for that .
Morning Biff, wished you were closer I need to have my Mazda serviced. It's running good just want to keep it in good shape.

Have you set a target date?

Wife and I went to Physio this morning and the girl taught Diane how to help me do my exercises. Went well really.
Got some liquid gold before the prices go up another 7cents a litre tonight. It went up 2 cents last night. The line up was nuts at Costco but they were pretty organized so took maybe 15 minutes so wasn't bad.
Went for a walk after lunch and saw the liquid brine truck coming down our street. Good job he did because we'll be getting 2-3 cm tonight. What a dumbass and a waste of taxpayers money. Supposed to be 12 and rain all day Sunday so where will the salt go? Down into the drains then into the great lakes. Great idea guys!!!!!

Just changed a 140amp fuse in a Toyota RAV4 ,car wouldn’t start a helper (not me) crossed the +and- blew the fuse obviously , what a design it’s bolted in and the nuts are buried under the fuse box yippie for me :BangHead:

Had that happen on a Yaris. Fuse was bolted to battery cable. Blow the fuse, the car starts, but it'll have manual steering only, and no acessories.

Just changed a 140amp fuse in a Toyota RAV4 ,car wouldn’t start a helper (not me) crossed the +and- blew the fuse obviously , what a design it’s bolted in and the nuts are buried under the fuse box yippie for me :BangHead:
My question is why is the starter fused? All other systems in a car are fused. Or am I missing something.

Dam car designers have a death wish for mechanics. Probably broke the light bulb on that idea.

Morning guys and Happy Turdsday.
Sunny and cold again. Good job they sprayed that brine down yesterday. We had a major storm overnight with approx. 1 cm of snow.
Glad someone was on the ball.

Morning guys looks like Murry and I are back in the freezer were at -9*f.
Was thinking of changing the rear end gears in my Scamp from 4:10s to about 3:55s. Never built a rear end so not sure if I can do it or have someone that knows how set it up.

Morning guys and Happy Turdsday.
Sunny and cold again. Good job they sprayed that brine down yesterday. We had a major storm overnight with approx. 1 cm of snow.
Glad someone was on the ball.
if my calculations are correct, that 1 cm is below my threshold for firing up the plow truck

(of course, i understand im not running a whole city)

Morning guys looks like Murry and I are back in the freezer were at -9*f.
Was thinking of changing the rear end gears in my Scamp from 4:10s to about 3:55s. Never built a rear end so not sure if I can do it or have someone that knows how set it up.
Not a pro but your new gear set should tell you + or minus on the pinion shim. Use paint or lay out dye to set back lash and check pinion depth. Always a new crush sleeve to set bearing preload
Have fun getting it to crush. Read the books take your time have fun

if my calculations are correct, that 1 cm is below my threshold for firing up the plow truck

(of course, i understand im not running a whole city)
Got about 5 cm overnight, and still hasn't stopped. Rarely see a plow in this city, think it would have to be 10 cm to get plows on the road. Plenty of private contractors clearing parking lots.

Got about 5 cm overnight, and still hasn't stopped. Rarely see a plow in this city, think it would have to be 10 cm to get plows on the road. Plenty of private contractors clearing parking lots.
thats about 2 inches, id get out of bed for that

Not a pro but your new gear set should tell you + or minus on the pinion shim. Use paint or lay out dye to set back lash and check pinion depth. Always a new crush sleeve to set bearing preload
Have fun getting it to crush. Read the books take your time have fun
I would like to do it myself and plenty of info out there to show me how. Gears are just under $200 bucks I just have to figure out what gear ratio I need that work well with my over drive.

-
Back