Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Weird never thought of myself as silly Canuck ?

i guess that makes it like being dead, its easy for everyone else to see but you may be the last one to know

poke.gif

Been a lousy day here today. The sun hardly even came out and although it got to 15C that cold strong wind went right through you and then the rain started.
This is supposed to May 1st but feels like end of Mar.

Happy Monday guys.
Rain rain and more rain till Wednesday on. Getting sick of it, yeah it makes the flowers and everything else grow but enough is enough.
Have a great day

Good morning, rain here also the water table is always high I’m on an island :lol:

Finally had a chance to do some fishing yesterday, pulled my first bass of the season out of the pond (as well as a few bleugill)

20220501_152125.jpg

Been one miserable day. No sun just clouds and rain and wind or course.
Did check the inside of my eyelids though so accomplished something.

Good afternoon rain has stopped 12 deg c overcast tee shirt weather !:)

Morning guys and Happy Tuesday.
One more day of rain and then it's sun and getting warmer everyday according to the report.
279638333_169147808871171_3071776091088570897_n.jpg

Well fellas have a meeting with a new prospective boss tomorrow, more money and no retail connection all internal work ? What the hell well see how it goes

figured id touch on a more serious topic here for a minute
as some of you might know, my wife works for a hospital
over the weekend that had a little patient in, i think she was either 4 weeks or 4 months, truth be told, i dont recall

well this kid was at the same hospital as my wife works at and they were waiting on a specific test
the results of this test would determine if the kid would get admitted to their hospital or send up the road to a childrens hospital

im not sure what expired but the doctor in charge decided she didnt like what she saw and send in for the transfer without waiting for the test results to come back

i dont know how long it took for the childrens hospital to come up with a diagnosis of botulism
from what i understand this is the main reason you are told not to introduce raw honey to children under 12 months of age because that can contain the bacteria that cause botulism

the way it works, it attacks the nervous system, in essence disconnecting the muscles from the brain
it starts with the extremities and works it way in untill the patient dies from a lack of oxygen because the muscles used to breath no longer receive the signals to do so

from what i understand the people at the childrens hospital have preventively intubated this kid to make sure they can controll the breathing and once the antitoxin is administered it should stop the spread of the toxin

then in time, the effect should wear off and the kid should make a full recovery

craziest part of it all...the toxin that is trying to kill this kid is also the active ingredient in botox

For several years now I've said I would never buy a battery powered lawnmower but the way my shoulders are I bit the bullet and ate my words and did it.
Our 50th is coming up in June so that is a present to myself.
It's a 60 volt Toro self-propelled mulcher/bagger. My trimmer and leaf blower are both Toro and have had them quite a few years with absolutely no problem. I'll cut the grass tomorrow with the new toy.
No more pulling the dam rope anymore as it's just too painful.

-
Back