Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
figured id touch on a more serious topic here for a minute
as some of you might know, my wife works for a hospital
over the weekend that had a little patient in, i think she was either 4 weeks or 4 months, truth be told, i dont recall

well this kid was at the same hospital as my wife works at and they were waiting on a specific test
the results of this test would determine if the kid would get admitted to their hospital or send up the road to a childrens hospital

im not sure what expired but the doctor in charge decided she didnt like what she saw and send in for the transfer without waiting for the test results to come back

i dont know how long it took for the childrens hospital to come up with a diagnosis of botulism
from what i understand this is the main reason you are told not to introduce raw honey to children under 12 months of age because that can contain the bacteria that cause botulism

the way it works, it attacks the nervous system, in essence disconnecting the muscles from the brain
it starts with the extremities and works it way in untill the patient dies from a lack of oxygen because the muscles used to breath no longer receive the signals to do so

from what i understand the people at the childrens hospital have preventively intubated this kid to make sure they can controll the breathing and once the antitoxin is administered it should stop the spread of the toxin

then in time, the effect should wear off and the kid should make a full recovery

craziest part of it all...the toxin that is trying to kill this kid is also the active ingredient in botox
Omg. Kids ok now ?

Omg. Kids ok now ?
i dont know, last i heard the kid was intubated and either on the antitoxin or they had the antitoxin en route

from what i understand the effects of the toxin are reversible, as long as the antitoxin gets administered before the patient dies, so im hoping that will be the case

Well fellas have a meeting with a new prospective boss tomorrow, more money and no retail connection all internal work ? What the hell well see how it goes
Good luck, find yourself something you will enjoy doing.
I started a new job yesterday, finally got fed up with the bullshit at the last place, reached the point where I was stressed out to the point where I was damn near ready to kill if someone had pissed me off at the wrong time. I wasn't just dreading getting out of bed in the mornings, but stressing before I went to bed about what I might expect the next day.

i dont know, last i heard the kid was intubated and either on the antitoxin or they had the antitoxin en route

from what i understand the effects of the toxin are reversible, as long as the antitoxin gets administered before the patient dies, so im hoping that will be the case
Sure hope that the kid recovers with no permanent damage.

Good luck, find yourself something you will enjoy doing.
I started a new job yesterday, finally got fed up with the bullshit at the last place, reached the point where I was stressed out to the point where I was damn near ready to kill if someone had pissed me off at the wrong time. I wasn't just dreading getting out of bed in the mornings, but stressing before I went to bed about what I might expect the next day.
Good for you Randy. Nobody should have to work under such stress. I did the same thing back in 1997. It was the best thing I ever did. You always had to keep your back against the wall or someone would stuff a knife in your back. So sorry you had to go through that. Hope the new job works out a lot better for you. How many more years before you can hang your hat up?

Good for you Randy. How many more years before you can hang your hat up?
I would like to call it a career now, but probably won't be able to for another 5 or 6 years yet, depending on how my investments go and things like that. I am on the road more in this job, typically 3 to 4 days at a time, but I will have some longer trips, including one later this month that will take me to New York and Florida, with a 2 day break scheduled in Nashville on the way home.

I would like to call it a career now, but probably won't be able to for another 5 or 6 years yet, depending on how my investments go and things like that. I am on the road more in this job, typically 3 to 4 days at a time, but I will have some longer trips, including one later this month that will take me to New York and Florida, with a 2 day break scheduled in Nashville on the way home.
Retirement will come faster than you think. Hopefully you can go at 63-64 yrs old... it shouldn't hurt your CPP too much...a certain % taken for every year till you hit 65. Does your wife still work?
At least you'll be in some nice warm weather when driving South. Good luck with it.

As I said yesterday I bought a new battery powered Toro 60 volt lawnmower.
The sales guy said don't not charge the battery up before using but use it till the battery runs right out. It wasn't a full charge so I started to cut the front yard. I must say it does work nice and no pulling cords. But just as I figured, I got the half the front yard done and the battery was done.
I'll cut the rest of the front and the back tomorrow.
Have a great evening and don't forget Mother's Day on Sunday guys.

May the fourth be with you!

B2724BF4-9EFB-48F5-8E88-3D4A3184CB53.jpeg

As I said yesterday I bought a new battery powered Toro 60 volt lawnmower.
The sales guy said don't not charge the battery up before using but use it till the battery runs right out. It wasn't a full charge so I started to cut the front yard. I must say it does work nice and no pulling cords. But just as I figured, I got the half the front yard done and the battery was done.
I'll cut the rest of the front and the back tomorrow.
Have a great evening and don't forget Mother's Day on Sunday guys.
Get another battery and swap them out

Get another battery and swap them out
Been thinking that and thanks for the advice. It says 1 hour run time on a full charge and only takes 40 minutes to cut the whole yard. I have a Toro trimmer and Toro leaf blower. They take the same battery and 2 chargers. After I bought the leaf blower I called the company after a couple of months and told them the battery wasn't lasting long and it takes over an hour to charge (usually takes 30 min). So I got another battery for free. So I'm good for a lot of work. lol

I got sick of paying for an alignment and having the vehicle worse than before service so I did a thing today. It came with all 4 turnplates, printer and remote for 200 bucks.
276076000_5193307700713905_3990993956800896505_n.jpg
274764668_4937164129704064_53994361617721827_n.jpg

That there fish grinder is just a little disturbing :lol:
Probably for cat food anyway.
About a month or so ago there was a tree cutting company a few blocks from here. A 26 yr old guy was feeding the brush into the shredder and his clothing got caught in the brush and in he went. He was killed instantly thanks goodness. He didn't go all the way through. They still have a bunch of flowers on the spot where he was killed. At least he wasn't married and no kids.
Just shows you how fast things can happen on the job so have to be extremely careful because loved ones want you to come back home every night.

Been a nice day. Sunny and 15 degrees but then there is that dam wind.
Supposed to be into the 30's end of next week.
Then we'll complain it's too hot lol

Morning Fellas and Happy Friday.
The car shows have started to open up once again.
Hope it's a great year for them.
Have a great weekend.

-
Back