Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Morning fellas. Another beautiful day today.
Went to the car show last night and it was a great turnout with some new cars I've never seen before.
IMG_2295.jpg
IMG_2296.jpg
IMG_2297.jpg
IMG_2298.jpg
IMG_2299.jpg
IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_20220711_072029060.jpg
My son gave me a few strong magnets and was amazed how strong they are.
Hooked a chain to one put the magnet on my engine hoist and stood on the chain and it would hold about 180 pounds before it let loose.

Just a little deuce coupe with a flathead mill
But she'll walk a Thunderbird like she's standin' still
She's ported and relieved and she's stroked and bored.
She'll do a hundred and forty with the top end floored
img_2297-jpg.jpg

I don theen so :lol:

I got myself a 73 Valiant with a slant 6 that will only start if you put gas down the carb. I rebuilt the 2 barrel Carter and really didn't need it but it still won't start without putting some gas down the carb. Checked to see if it was putting fuel down while pumping on the throttle and can't see any fuel going in.
Checked the compression on the cylinders and the lowest is 130 and the most is 145. Fuel pump seems to be working and it will stay running after I put some gas in the throat.
SOOO! all you gear heads what am I missing here?

I got myself a 73 Valiant with a slant 6 that will only start if you put gas down the carb. I rebuilt the 2 barrel Carter and really didn't need it but it still won't start without putting some gas down the carb. Checked to see if it was putting fuel down while pumping on the throttle and can't see any fuel going in.
Checked the compression on the cylinders and the lowest is 130 and the most is 145. Fuel pump seems to be working and it will stay running after I put some gas in the throat.
SOOO! all you gear heads what am I missing here?
Accelerator pump in the carb is not squirting.

Not sure on that carb but the 2gc Chevy 2bbl has a check ball in there and if its missing it wont squirt. Get a breakdown pic and look it over good. Float too low might even do it.
Float level l checked but the check ball I found one but will have to look again.
Thanks CF really appreciate it.

-
Back