Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Hey, I have an idea, let’s burn down Parliament, haven’t done that in 90 years!
Jefferson said that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of tyrants and patriots

Furthermore, he said this should happen about every 20 years

So yeah, we're overdue...light em up

No, it was just too much time away from home, I did enjoy it, but the idea of living in hotels lost its appeal. I'm back to doing LTL pick up and delivery.
I hear ya always nice coming home every night and not being stuck on the road waiting for a load home.

sounds good I'll bring hot dogs and marshmallows and a rope.
Morning guys, Hey Fred looks like we’re in for a heat wave up to -19C here today. Welcome that better than -31 here the other night. But in manisnowba when the temperature rises it usually snows. There is not quite enough snow for the sled heads. But their going anyway I guess parts are cheap. Cut and wrapped 3 sides of pork last night venison tonight and tomorrow Sausage and bacon next. Going to be working my *** off for the next 4 o 5 days, curing and brineing take time. All the health conscious people have made producers grow really lean pork have to go look for pork fat today as I don’t have enough to make my sausage. I refuse to eat sawdust and that’s what it would be with out the fat. Take care stay warm guy’s. Heard to Dart roll over and snort yesterday hibernation is good

Morning guys, Hey Fred looks like we’re in for a heat wave up to -19C here today. Welcome that better than -31 here the other night. But in manisnowba when the temperature rises it usually snows. There is not quite enough snow for the sled heads. But their going anyway I guess parts are cheap. Cut and wrapped 3 sides of pork last night venison tonight and tomorrow Sausage and bacon next. Going to be working my *** off for the next 4 o 5 days, curing and brineing take time. All the health conscious people have made producers grow really lean pork have to go look for pork fat today as I don’t have enough to make my sausage. I refuse to eat sawdust and that’s what it would be with out the fat. Take care stay warm guy’s. Heard to Dart roll over and snort yesterday hibernation is good
Should be able to get all the fat you want from any independent butcher shop

Should be able to get all the fat you want from any independent butcher shop
Ya, but what do they grow special fat producing pigs or what. It’s like I buy a half pork bring home my wife makes head cheese and says what no feet, all pigs have feet. she jumped in the car went and bitched and got her feet lol

Ya, but what do they grow special fat producing pigs or what. It’s like I buy a half pork bring home my wife makes head cheese and says what no feet, all pigs have feet. she jumped in the car went and bitched and got her feet lol
A pig has 4 feet? WOW lucky pig

After 11 years of being invited to farmers appreciation day given to us by the mill I sell my grains to I have called off sick to attend my 1st time. The card says it will be a buffet today.

Morning guys coffee is good this morning and yep Murry it warmed up but like you said snow comes with it.
One more day of work and I'm back to retirement.

After 11 years of being invited to farmers appreciation day given to us by the mill I sell my grains to I have called off sick to attend my 1st time. The card says it will be a buffet today.
Sounds good and you do look a bit pale so best not go to work. lol

So your going for a bank loan also. With the price of things you may need it
No **** went to Costco last night bought only groceries and it was over 500$ but it’s enough for the month except still no lettuce… :realcrazy:

Good morning happy Thursday! We are also warming up to 6 deg c that brings rain :lol: stay safe have a g day men !

No **** went to Costco last night bought only groceries and it was over 500$ but it’s enough for the month except still no lettuce… :realcrazy:
I damn near had a heart attack the last couple of trips to Costco, at least my wife was able to get some romaine lettuce this week.

What are people as uptight about. If something is green in my fridge it’s bad I throw it out

What are people as uptight about. If something is green in my fridge it’s bad I throw it out
If veggies in the fridge are brown I throw them out if my cheese turns green I cut off the bad and hurry and eat the rest. If leftover meat is in the fridge for more than a week than through it out.
I try to save as much as I can on the food and if it comes down to I can't afford to go to the grocery store than the deer population around here will be in my freezer.

If veggies in the fridge are brown I throw them out if my cheese turns green I cut off the bad and hurry and eat the rest. If leftover meat is in the fridge for more than a week than through it out.
I try to save as much as I can on the food and if it comes down to I can't afford to go to the grocery store than the deer population around here will be in my freezer.
True story, my boy’s grew up on venison and beef, pork and chickens that were raised on Grampa’s farm. My friends kids, if it didn’t come out of the store they wouldn’t eat it, my kids if it didn’t come off Grampa’s farm or out of the bush they wouldn’t eat it. Hunting venison is great fun and reduces the grocery bill greatly with the garden produce I bet our bill is more than half of what it could be

True story, my boy’s grew up on venison and beef, pork and chickens that were raised on Grampa’s farm. My friends kids, if it didn’t come out of the store they wouldn’t eat it, my kids if it didn’t come off Grampa’s farm or out of the bush they wouldn’t eat it. Hunting venison is great fun and reduces the grocery bill greatly with the garden produce I bet our bill is more than half of what it could be
Lived in the mountains in Washington for a long time raising our own meat and garden. No electric only oil lamps and a propane powered fridge and wood stove in the house for heat and cooking. I worked and made plenty of money to by food but home grown was better. Had a milk cow and goat so homemade butter and cheese as well. Also my wife ground wheat for bread had a old wood cook stove and the list goes on and I enjoyed it but the wife got sick moved to North dakota and got a farm with 80 acres and was doing good till the wife got real sick and died. Raised 8 kids by myself after that was a get on welfare and keep up with making our own food or stay off welfare and get a job and buy food. I refuse to have someone or State raise my kids and me so went to work and bought store bought food from 2004 on.
Miss the old days though.

Last edited:
So working on the old truck and trying to make my wood work match the ruff of the truck and Not sure if I like the design I made on it.
Opinions would be great and ideas are welcome.

IMG_20221208_171325527_HDR.jpg

So working on the old truck and trying to make my wood work match the ruff of the truck and Not sure if I like the design I made on it.
Opinions would be great and ideas are welcome.

View attachment 1716019980
Looks good Fred, old wooden farm house chairs are a great source of spindles and pressed back boards.. old furniture in general are a great source of materials for projects. Have used them for lots of things, and cheep if you go pickin. Maybe a BF Goodrich sign for a bar table some coal oil barn lanterns for lighting. Think period correct, brass bed headboard it is a 29

7152AA42-353C-4010-A29D-F4F17DC714D9.jpeg

Looks good Fred, old wooden farm house chairs are a great source of spindles and pressed back boards.. old furniture in general are a great source of materials for projects. Have used them for lots of things, and cheep if you go pickin. Maybe a BF Goodrich sign for a bar table some coal oil barn lanterns for lighting. Think period correct, brass bed headboard it is a 29

View attachment 1716019997
Going to definitely use the old lanterns. Thanks for the input Murray I need all the help I can get.

Some old automotive stuff repurposed put a jigger inside an oil spout for pouring shots,my mind is running wild now let you know if I come up with other ideas. It was the roaring 20’s right when the stock market crashed, zoot suiters and all the rest that went with it just some ideas

0443B5E9-D5A6-4258-84B3-D48CA2AD3998.jpeg

-
Back