Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Hey Fred, I had a pop up tent camper for a while. I could see integrating something like that. Probably find a junk one for free. Have it pop up and add some wings to it. Bolt it to something like a lumber rack.
Using rebar and conduit and a canvas tarp the span is 12 feet by about 10 feet that folds down to about cab height when transporting on a trailer.
Trying to make it simple so 1 person can set it up but has been hard.

Using rebar and conduit and a canvas tarp the span is 12 feet by about 10 feet that folds down to about cab height when transporting on a trailer.
Trying to use what I have lying around to keep the cost down.

Use a knuckle or a hinge on the truck end put ridge pole on throw tarp over use a hinged upside down v ridge pole support and add roof poles and guy supports as necessary

Use a knuckle or a hinge on the truck end put ridge pole on throw tarp over use a hinged upside down v ridge pole support and add roof poles and guy supports as necessary
I'll get you some pictures tomorrow on what I got so far Murrey but kinda what you said is what I got I think.

Lean the v support away from truck set up rest stand up v support guy the rest in. Or get a Helper
I think I got what your saying Murray but with me I need a picture to figure it out.

You guys complaining about the cost of paint? Here in Australia some tinters we buy at work are over $900 @ litre! And you guys think you are getting ripped off?

Th
You guys complaining about the cost of paint? Here in Australia some tinters we buy at work are over $900 @ litre! And you guys think you are getting ripped off?
That seems about the same considering the exchange rate. Reds and yellows are stupid expensive. Throw some pearl in there and BLAMMO

Hows the weather down there?

That's pretty bad James sounds like your cost of living has jumped up lots.

just vice gripped together till I get everything worked out but the conduit slides up the rebar and will lock in place also the whole thing pivots so I can fold the canopy up when towing the old truck to events. I'll make an A frame extension to shade the bar stools.

IMG_20230108_090514029.jpg

IMG_20230108_090523431_HDR.jpg
The over hang on the back will only be about 2 feet. When all folded up for transport the height will drop down to about 4 inches above the cab.

Not sure if I'm going to have to tie braces in the center or not yet but I have a cheap plastic tarp I'll use for a sample fit so not to screw up an expensive canvas tarp.

How about angle the 4 outside poles to a point in the center to a ridge pole ?

-
Back