Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Well thank god the snow around here only sticks around for a week at most .
Do ya do any fishing? I visited Sooke when I was young and we were able to catch some serious sea food. Enough to make me sick anyway. They say I wasnt used to the “rich” food. I call BS

Do ya do any fishing? I visited Sooke when I was young and we were able to catch some serious sea food. Enough to make me sick anyway. They say I wasnt used to the “rich” food. I call BS
Yes when I was a boy my father and I fished a lot , not so much anymore . We fished lakes , rivers and ocean. I don’t have the patience anymore life is to busy to sit and wait on the bite .

Around here visibility with the snow is the concern for school buses, and -25 no student goes outside for school activities, also at -45 windchills school is closed. Manitoba labour laws also say at that temperature no outside work that is not essential to be preformed

Use your imagination paint it up put some blue dot tail lights in it, hang a few antlers on the plow with maybe a few deer butts dangling on the side of the plow.
Damn I think I make one.
I have both blue dot, and cat’s eye lenses for the model A have the stock ones in it now. Modified headlight to except quartz bulbs, makes the car drivable at night. Howz the weather Fred? -1 right now heading for a high of +1 slight breeze. Real goofy weather don’t really remember it ever being this warm this time of year

I have both blue dot, and cat’s eye lenses for the model A have the stock ones in it now. Modified headlight to except quartz bulbs, makes the car drivable at night. Howz the weather Fred? -1 right now heading for a high of +1 slight breeze. Real goofy weather don’t really remember it ever being this warm this time of year
It's about the same temp here and suppose to be just above freezing also. Strange weather for sure but will enjoy it.
Want to put Blue dots on my Scamp but Ill have to get some more tail light lenses.

It's all good, I can take it

And since I'm not really a truck guy, I'll take all the advice I can get
I was thinking of buying a school bus and make a flat bed car hauler out of it instead of buying a trailer.
6 grand for either and the bus I can turn the front half into a motor home.

I was thinking of buying a school bus and make a flat bed car hauler out of it instead of buying a trailer.
That is a fantastic idea the boss bought an old school bus I just pulled the motor out of it . 6cyl Cummins he bought it for 1200$ sold the motor for 5 grand .

7E25ECCF-AD6C-4060-B19E-3F1B33744771.jpeg

A co-worker of mine ran with a TransAm racer. They picked up a used front motored school bus, carefully cut the back end out of it and turned it into their race car hauler. Pull the ramps out and drive the Rustang right in there.

But the bus will always be a money pit that’s why the school division’s dump them. They’re used up worn out and not worth the time money and effort. Had a couple of friends make motor homes out of them, all had the same comment “Never again”. Better off finding an older low mileage 3 or 5 ton grain truck, FIL sold one with 55,000 on it 79 chev 350 split rear axle $3500. Sell the box and hoist and you have a good rolling chassis

But the bus will always be a money pit that’s why the school division’s dump them. They’re used up worn out and not worth the time money and effort. Had a couple of friends make motor homes out of them, all had the same comment “Never again”. Better off finding an older low mileage 3 or 5 ton grain truck, FIL sold one with 55,000 on it 79 chev 350 split rear axle $3500. Sell the box and hoist and you have a good rolling chassis
Good idea on the old grain truck. I bought an old school bus years ago with a International V8 diesel and put over 5,000 miles on it with no problems but the new buses with all the pollution control garbage is not good. Have to strip all that off and let the engine breath to make it worth it.

Good idea on the old grain truck. I bought an old school bus years ago with a International V8 diesel and put over 5,000 miles on it with no problems but the new buses with all the pollution control garbage is not good. Have to strip all that off and let the engine breath to make it worth it.
It’s not so much engines, my friends found axle bearings, steering parts, rear ends, transmissions, etc, etc. just two bitting them to death. If you have a seasonal lot at the lake and limped it out there and home twice a year ok but if your wanting to haul your car around to shows, I would look for something a little better. My opinion
My first attempt at a mortise and tenon joint, kind off rough but learned a lot
F5880729-1947-4653-A23B-75A42C8EDDAE.jpeg

It’s not so much engines, my friends found axle bearings, steering parts, rear ends, transmissions, etc, etc. just two bitting them to death. If you have a seasonal lot at the lake and limped it out there and home twice a year ok but if your wanting to haul your car around to shows, I would look for something a little better. My opinion
My first attempt at a mortise and tenon joint, kind off rough but learned a lot
View attachment 1716045353
Trust your opinion so school bus is not a good idea.
Mortise tenon joint? never made one but what you got there looks good.

I was finally able to get my locking hubs out of the plow truck today

I had sprayed them down with PB blaster over the weekend and put a few miles on it, when I unbolted them today they popped right out

Drove it for about 20 minutes with the centers of the lockers out and she still squealed and got hot so im sure now the wheel bearings are shot

I ordered a new set of wheel hubs and hopefully next week I can get her all fixed up (will be hitting the hubs with PB blaster aswell to help

-
Back