Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
looks like Raymond stand-up fork lifts. using them was the part of the job I missed when I retired. Almost 2 years later, they called back and asked if I could "help" clean up for a month. seems "they" decided a distribution center was too costly and it was cheaper to ship the product, contact center and a few other jobs elsewhere.SSOOO, I got to go back and play with the forklifts again. When I was there, we added an addition and I was the one who filled and organized it. Ended up being the one to take the last bit of product out of there also.
Drove forklift back in the 70's and was pretty good at it. Kinda miss those days.

IMG_2141.jpeg

Like I’ve said before what makes something funny is our ability to relate to it.

Amazing craftsmanship! I admire your talent.
I make them for sale send me all information including burial vault size, type of wood affects price big time, clear maple $22 a board foot an example. Cnc engraving at cost. You pay shipping retired with F all to do and all day to do it.

Ya that would be scary. Got to run all that stuff when I worked for an equipment rental store. Only really used the forklift and skid steer.

Only been on a skid steer ounce and damn was it fun.
When I was 17 years old my boss told me "If you dont tip it over once a day ,you aint working hard enough". LOL He didn't feel the same way when one of the guys put the dump truck on its side.

JCB is the unit that operates the best controls are smooth unit just works good. Cat is all flash and show works decent but to many bells and whistles can get confusing

When I worked for the fire department many years ago we got a new truck that we could go 100 feet high and spray water off of it to put out fire in tall buildings. I got to try it out the first time and ran that thing all the way straight up to 100 feet and started to spray water off it and really is amazing the amount of tilt it had at that high point. I'm not real good at explaining what I'm talking about but I almost **** myself when I opened the hose and let the water flow and thought I tipped the truck on it's side. Lucky me I had the crew chief with me and she was a good looking red head that grabbed on to me and wouldn't let go till we got back to the ground. True story no bull ****.

When I worked for the fire department many years ago we got a new truck that we could go 100 feet high and spray water off of it to put out fire in tall buildings. I got to try it out the first time and ran that thing all the way straight up to 100 feet and started to spray water off it and really is amazing the amount of tilt it had at that high point. I'm not real good at explaining what I'm talking about but I almost **** myself when I opened the hose and let the water flow and thought I tipped the truck on it's side. Lucky me I had the crew chief with me and she was a good looking red head that grabbed on to me and wouldn't let go till we got back to the ground. True story no bull ****.
That took some guts. 65 feet on a man lift is as high as I've been and that was just for a ride.

Handles break all the time now that they make them plastic.
What a joke they are. Second time in a year on one of them. Then the lever rubs on the door shell and you got to pull it back out and bend to fit. Both times on the LR. Kids are rough on them.

What a joke they are. Second time in a year on one of them. Then the lever rubs on the door shell and you got to pull it back out and bend to fit. Both times on the LR. Kids are rough on them.
Wonder what these new cars will be like to restore in 40 years.

Wonder what these new cars will be like to restore in 40 years.
:rofl:
Ya that would be scary. Got to run all that stuff when I worked for an equipment rental store. Only really used the forklift and skid steer.
My buddy is the service manager at the local branch of United Rentals, brought a big telehandler to my house a few years ago to help me move my shed. When I was building my garage he brought a light tower so we could finish the roof in the dark.

:rofl:

My buddy is the service manager at the local branch of United Rentals, brought a big telehandler to my house a few years ago to help me move my shed. When I was building my garage he brought a light tower so we could finish the roof in the dark.
Thats awesome. We got free rentals on the weekend. What a perk. I only worked there refurbishing their equipment for 3 months. Too many bean counters in that company. Too much Gossip. Too much drama. Get me back to a good old Body Shop. lol

Thats awesome. We got free rentals on the weekend. What a perk. I only worked there refurbishing their equipment for 3 months. Too many bean counters in that company. Too much Gossip. Too much drama. Get me back to a good old Body Shop. lol
Definitely too much drama and BS there from the things he's told me. He can't even fire someone who is completely incompetent. Some of the stories that he's told me are just unbelievable.

-
Back