Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Electricity went out over half the town. -4*F outside right now. -22*F windchill. Currently 67*F in my apartment. Water faucet dripping, 3 blankets on the bed. Today's funnies wasn't funny.

Last edited:
no, they wanted to, guess I had good insurance. so, when someone talks and I don't want to hear them, I turn a deaf ear.
what it started out as was ringing in the ear, a scan, tumor on a balance nerve, choose from 3 types of surgery with a 60% chance of keeping your hearing. what was failed to be mentioned was that it was 60% out of 300% (3 types of surgery) that hearing would stay and my choice was 0%. live and learn.
Our daughter is profound since birth and wears one hearing aid. She said there was too much interference with two.
My SIL was born hard of hearing and just wore aids then about 5 yrs ago he lost everything. This is when he decided to get the cochlear. It works really good
and has made a bid difference in his life.
Only problems now is I can't call him everything under the sun lol

it was kinda a shock and I was angry, thought about writing a really nice letter telling the doctors what I thought, but time softens the harshness of the outcome and there are people that have surgeries for much worse problems that leaves them in an condition worse than mine. I've learned to live with it and even tell people I can't hear them if they talk on my left side. Oh, sorry! didn't hear your reply, you were on my left...:lol:
If we got mad at our daughter and started to yell she would turn her aid off and turd around with a big grin on her face.. BRAT!! lolol

Morning guys.
That was crazy weather yesterday. Pounded down snow and then lots of rain.
Neighbours said it was really heavy. Had two of them clearing the sidewalks and driveway.
I asked if they wanted to use my blower but said they were fine.
We were talking to our son last night on his way to work and he said the roads were terrible and huge white outs
Mother Nature is playing hard ball now.
Have a great day

Electricity went out over half the town. -4*F outside right now. -22*F windchill. Currently 67*F in my apartment. Water faucet dripping, 3 blankets on the bed. Today's funnies wasn't funny.
Hope you have your power back on by now. That sucks

Morning guys.
That was crazy weather yesterday. Pounded down snow and then lots of rain.
Neighbours said it was really heavy. Had two of them clearing the sidewalks and driveway.
I asked if they wanted to use my blower but said they were fine.
We were talking to our son last night on his way to work and he said the roads were terrible and huge white outs
Mother Nature is playing hard ball now.
Have a great day
Stay safe Buddy.

good to hear he has come this far safely and hopefully the rest of the way the same.
after a bonzi run like that, I'd be sleeping for three days.

He sent me this when he was leaving Kansas

IMG_0899.png

Meanwhile, the frigid cold continues here, -35*f with windchill value of -53* currently. :BangHead:
Forecast "high" of -27* windchill -40 this afternoon. Long range calling for a high of 45* Saturday, bring on the Chinook!

Meanwhile, the frigid cold continues here, -35*f with windchill value of -53* currently. :BangHead:
Forecast "high" of -27* windchill -40 this afternoon. Long range calling for a high of 45* Saturday, bring on the Chinook!
Thats horrible stay safe. Reminds me of the history channel show I watched it flash froze fish and when rewarmed they came back to life.

Yes as is a 12 hour ride each way is not miserable enough blowing snow ice and frigid temps just make it so much fun
Last time I did a trip like that was almost 20 years ago. My asshole brother had bought a 1965 Buick Gran Sport from someone in Maryland. We left Winnipeg on Dec 26 and were back on the 30th. Towing an open trailer in a blizzard through Minnesota, North Dakota, and home to Winnipeg. There was close to 3 feet of snow in my yard when we got home.

Power came back on around 6. I got cozy with 3 blankets on the bed and slept after it came back on.

Still cold outside but no snow so far.
Wife and I went out to put out the garbage etc.
I could have done it but she was scared I might slip and fall.
Supposed to be sunny all week but cold.
Snuggle up and keep warm

-
Back