Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Yea we had the GM transmission plant leave here 10 years ago ,lots of people lost their jobs.

It's very ugly when that happens to a town near you!

I lived near Kenosha in SE Wisconsin when AMC was bought by Chrysler. This in itself was no big deal until the line (union) workers refused a pay cut from ~ $40 an hour to about $32. They refused, and Chrysler closed the plant for about 14 years. Some of the senior people (maybe 50%) were hired in at $22 after 14 years without anything. After 5 or 6 years as an engine plant Chrysler just locked the doors again! Devastated the area's economy as they were the biggest employer and most lucrative. Snap-On was the only other "good" paying job but their workforce was only maybe 20% of the engine plant. They have now also relocated.

Sorry for rambling, but I have seen what it does and I am aware of what the future normally brings.

It sucks!

From what I know dealing with the union and the big boss I think it would have been better to under stand what is going on. Mostly before the idea of a pay cut to give every one time to adjust to lower wages. I am not real smart but if the relationship between the corporate and employees was better and honest I think people would try harder to do a better job and understand what is really going on.
As far as I am concerned when the boss is not buying new toys than something is wrong. I have no problem with a rich boss I have a problem with the people under him that are a bunch of kiss asses walking around with a big brown nose and the boss not seeing the problem.

What really pisses me off is that the government bailed out GM and Chrysler , with our tax dollars and now they are leaving anyway !

From what I know dealing with the union and the big boss I think it would have been better to under stand what is going on. Mostly before the idea of a pay cut to give every one time to adjust to lower wages. I am not real smart but if the relationship between the corporate and employees was better and honest I think people would try harder to do a better job and understand what is really going on.
As far as I am concerned when the boss is not buying new toys than something is wrong. I have no problem with a rich boss I have a problem with the people under him that are a bunch of kiss asses walking around with a big brown nose and the boss not seeing the problem.

You make a good point Fred!

The boss buys new toys and everyone is happy!

Communication, humph - imagine that?

My hope is that his business experience pays off here and he shows them how to be productive - on their dime!

Of course that's in a perfect world!

You make a good point Fred!

The boss buys new toys and everyone is happy!

Communication, humph - imagine that?
Would be nice to be honest with one another. I think that is the biggest problem in this world is we are all afraid of getting **** on for what we think and believe. I would like to just be honest and have good friends to help out and get rid of all the bull ****.

Gentlemen, please continue to solve the world's problems in my absence!

This old back did entirely too much all day and this old fat man is going to crash!

Have a GREAT evening and remind me what you solved please.

Gentlemen, please continue to solve the world's problems in my absence!

This old back did entirely too much all day and this old fat man is going to crash!

Have a GREAT evening and remind me what you solved please.
Sorry Jeff you are gonna have to solve the problem we will all be here when you wake up to see if you got it figured out... lol

:BangHead:

46516590_1910742345661362_5362360191968870400_n.jpg

9:eek:o here going to bed early to make up for the last 3 days of late nights.
Will be up to take a pee at 3 but going back to bed real fast. lol
Night guys.

Would be nice to be honest with one another. I think that is the biggest problem in this world is we are all afraid of getting **** on for what we think and believe. I would like to just be honest and have good friends to help out and get rid of all the bull ****.
Yes sir Fred , you don’t want to speak up about anything that might offend some poor person god forbid, terrible that freedom of speech is no more ...

Oh buy the way you can say anything to me I’ve got the thickest skin ever so ... don’t be afraid :soapbox:giver.

Sooo weather here is wild and wet 50/70 mm of rain today

Good Morning, rise and shine!

Chilly for here, about 30°f, but clear.

I'm just glad we won't get rained on today, theoretically!

Will be in and out fighting with some fencing.W
45345801_597115657370633_7758812532793409536_n.jpg__nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fyto1-1.jpg

Agreed and the thing I read today says the factory in Canada opened in 1953 but they also plan on closing one in Lordstown Ohio and here in Michigan also
Actually CF... they had just celebrated their 100th year. It started out in Oshawa as McLaughlin Carriage then started building cars. The city of Oshawa loaned the company 50,000 dollars when the carriage company which was located in downtown caught fire and burned to the ground. Col. Sam McLaughlin was head of G.M. His home is just a short distance from where we live. So G.M. has been here a long time and like you said they got bailed out when times got tough. Both our countries did that and now we all get kicked in the teeth for our efforts.

If you go to Google and type in Parkwood estate Wikipedia you can see Col. Sam's home. When my wife graduated from nursing she was given a dozen red roses personally from Col. Sam. That was the last year he was able to present them himself due to age. His wife was a nurse as well and was instrumental in building the Oshawa Hospital which is right next to his estate.

-
Back