Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I would make sure the metal around the door striker is strong enough to handle a door getting shut. And will need be when you put new door gaskets in to get them to "fit to the jamb.

Yessir, I do not believe that will be a problem.

The only areas of real concern for that on the car were the lower corners of the rear window and the front corners of the trunk gutters.

They were just cussing me out on local tv.I

They are calling for s s s s s snow here Saturday NighN into Sunday morning!

How bout that?

TWELVE TO FIFTEEN INCHES:rofl:

Last edited:
I like
when-you-meet-someone-who-likes-always-sunny-imgflip-com-27997515.png

I agree with BP and just another thought after our done sand blasting if you use
silica sand you might want to sand it with sand paper before bondo or primer. I have heard that silica leaves a residue on the metal.
I haven't heard that about silica sand Fred. I have heard that about soda blasting. It changes the PH and the substrates come off in sheets if Its not neutralized. I guess you can say the same for the acid in the rust mort.

Yessir, I do not believe that will be a problem.

The only areas of real concern for that on the car were the lower corners of the rear window and the front corners of the trunk gutters.
Metal is all busted around the strikers on my Barracuda

They were just cussing me out on local tv.I

They are calling for s s s s s snow here Saturday NighN into Sunday morning!

How bout that?

TWELVE TO FIFTEEN INCHES:rofl:
That outta be fun. Sorry Jeff that's bad for there I would think.

I got lucky on mine but today I found some more rust in the rear window channel.
I gets to the point when enough is enough.
Yup. I'm getting that way too. Gotta drive em. You keeping it the same color? My Cuda is nice enough Im not gonna paint the engine compartment or remove the fenders.

Yup. I'm getting that way too. Gotta drive em. You keeping it the same color? My Cuda is nice enough Im not gonna paint the engine compartment or remove the fenders.
I'm changing color to green but now wondering how much I am going to do on body work.
You know how wavy they were from the factory and the only way to get them straight is skim coating the whole car in bondo then prime and block.

I'm changing color to green but now wondering how much I am going to do on body work.
You know how wavy they were from the factory and the only way to get them straight is skim coating the whole car in bondo then prime and block.
Oh ya. I remember now. Fred likes green.

I don't know about the 73 models but my 67 is pretty dang straight.

That outta be fun. Sorry Jeff that's bad for there I would think.

The truth is that the wife and I have absolutely no issue with it!

The people here cannot drive in it at all. Carol has lived in Wisconsin her whole life and I have no issues driving in it. We go riding around when it snows since the roads are empty. My Ram 2500 truck sucks in the snow but she has a Suburu Forrester that will go anywhere.

I have food and water stashed, full freezer, gas, generator, alternate heat source too. Who cares!

F**k straight. Go for smooth. Like one old boy taught me... roll 'er in. Pretty hard to make two different planes straight.

Always got a kick out of grinding a half of gallon of bondo out of repair that only needed an ounce.

The truth is that the wife and I have absolutely no issue with it!

The people here cannot drive in it at all. Carol has lived in Wisconsin her whole life and I have no issues driving in it. We go riding around when it snows since the roads are empty. My Ram 2500 truck sucks in the snow but she has a Suburu Forrester that will go anywhere.

I have food and water stashed, full freezer, gas, generator, alternate heat source too. Who cares!
Sounds like your good to go Jeff that Subaru will go just about anyplace.

Always got a kick out of grinding a half of gallon of bondo out of repair that only needed an ounce.
It has body waves that most people would never see but trying to please me is the hard part and I need to not be so picky.

I'm betting it STAYS cold by you Biff!

How close are you to the water? The west side of the island must be a rough place to livel

-
Back