Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I'm back!! My power was out for a while last night and just got my internet working.

It’s frikin cold ! Damp no sun and did I mention cooolllllddddd.
Come visit me for about a month Biff when it's 40 below and when you go back home in your cold you will be able to ware a tee shirt. lol

No power is not good when it's below 0!
Morning Jeff, Not to big of a problem loosing power I have a back up generator and then another generator for 2nd back up.
I would really like to have a wood stove like CF has but my insurance co. says no because I live in a mobile home.

Morning Jeff, Not to big of a problem loosing power I have a back up generator and then another generator for 2nd back up.
I would really like to have a wood stove like CF has but my insurance co. says no because I live in a mobile home.
I didnt tell them I have a wood stove in the house and one in the barn also. I figure as long as I use them correctly and keep the chimneys clean I am ok.

Come visit me for about a month Biff when it's 40 below and when you go back home in your cold you will be able to ware a tee shirt. lol

That's a fact Fred!

When I lived in Wisconsin and we had a cold snap below Zero for a couple of weeks I had no problem going outside at 10° in sleeveless shirt. It's all about getting acclimatized!

I didnt tell them I have a wood stove in the house and one in the barn also. I figure as long as I use them correctly and keep the chimneys clean I am ok.
I would do the same CF but my insurance agent is a friend and comes over to visit now and then.

I was going to get a wood stove also but my daughter the nurse said No!

Apparently me missing half a lung is a worse situation than I thought.

My generator will pretty much run the whole mobile home thankfully!

Get an electric fireplace. We have one in our living room and it works really well. We can just have it on for esthetic or have heat on as well on low or high. Runs off of 110. We also have a gas fireplace downstairs as well.

I have a 5000 watt. and a 4000 watt so will run all I need my furnace is propane so not much power to run it.

Get an electric fireplace. We have one in our living room and it works really well. We can just have it on for esthetic or have heat on as well on low or high. Runs off of 110. We also have a gas fireplace downstairs as well.
I was thinking about getting an electric fire place because I miss watching the wood stove. Nice idea Mark.

My biggest concern is the heat tape on the water line not being on when it gets real cold.

I have something very similar to an electric fireplace Mark. Thanks for the idea! It's a Quartz type (?).

The gas heater would beva big no-no. Like Fred we live in a mobile home. It's comfortable, over 1100 square feet, and more than enough room for 2 old retarded folks. We did not want to wait to build a house, and this really fit the budget also!

We did sell the appliances and put in a better stove, fridge and dishwasher. My wife never uses the damn dishwasher anyway. Can't figure that one out!

Holy chit Mable! 8 feet?

If you build a house is the foundation footer at 8 feet also?

That's a serious freeze line!
A floating slab is OK but if you don't cut lines in the cement it will start cracking up.
Not sure on a foundation I think 4' is OK.
When I lived on the farm in early July was out pulling wood post out of the ground and building a new fence. They were 4' in the ground and they still had frost on them.
I some times think I should move because it seems stupid living in this cold. But I like the open with not many people.

A floating slab is OK but if you don't cut lines in the cement it will start cracking up.
Not sure on a foundation I think 4' is OK.
When I lived on the farm in early July was out pulling wood post out of the ground and building a new fence. They were 4' in the ground and they still had frost on them.
I some times think I should move because it seems stupid living in this cold. But I like the open with not many people.

I can understand that!

I'm betting it STAYS cold by you Biff!

How close are you to the water? The west side of the island must be a rough place to livel
It’s beautiful country , yes very rugged , and can be cold only if the weather is coming from the north , if it’s coming from the south wet wet wet this time of the year anyway, and close enough to spit in it , the water I mean.

It’s beautiful country , yes very rugged , and can be cold only if the weather is coming from the north , if it’s coming from the south wet wet wet this time of the year anyway, and close enough to spit in it , the water I mean.
Sounds like a nice place Biff. Have a good day at work.

That's a fact Fred!

When I lived in Wisconsin and we had a cold snap below Zero for a couple of weeks I had no problem going outside at 10° in sleeveless shirt. It's all about getting acclimatized!
I think the word is climated. LOL

Boy the old Subaru didn't like that. 8 degrees this morning. Gotta run to the parts store for a lock nut I just destroyed.

I think the word is climated. LOL

acclimatize meaning - Google Search

3fcd30886e6660d3c69e4289b5e3e3fe.jpg

-
Back