Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
How was work Fred?
Not bad FOG I worked 1.5 hours today is all but I made enough money this week to start working on the scamp again.
Got my first Social Security check today so was great day.
You doing anything today?

Not bad FOG I worked 1.5 hours today is all but I made enough money this week to start working on the scamp again.
Got my first Social Security check today so was great day.
You doing anything today?
So glad for you Fred, must be a relief . I was a screw up today ,rebuilding my holley carb. and while putting it together I cross threaded the thread going into the float bowl. So now I had to order a new one. You know your going to do stupid stuff but you still do it..lol

carb 001.jpg

So glad for you Fred, must be a relief . I was a screw up today ,rebuilding my holley carb. and while putting it together I cross threaded the thread going into the float bowl. So now I had to order a new one. You know your going to do stupid stuff but you still do it..lol

View attachment 1715274141
Did that same thing FOG and will probably do it again.
Good thing it happened over winter and not when you wanted to go for a ride.

That's just cast aluminum pot metal isn't it. The last one I screwed up was a squirter screw!

Easy to do young man!

You mean Norovirus Biff? That's a hell of a one two punch for ya. I wonder about islands and places that do not freeze.
Hope you feel better soon.
That’s it been a week now still fukered , feaver broke Monday night Tuesday morning ,you would’ve swore I wet the bed I was sweating so much it was brutal , I’m blaming Monsanto!

That’s it been a week now still fukered , feaver broke Monday night Tuesday morning ,you would’ve swore I wet the bed I was sweating so much it was brutal , I’m blaming Monsanto!
The wife and I had this a week before Christmas , we still are not normal. Brutal ! Hope you feel better Biff .

Drink lots of water Biff. They told me to drink pedialyte for kids it restores electrolytes .You get that at the drug store. Just thought I'd pass it on.

First? por15 coating widow is kicking my ***. Should have timed that better.

View attachment 1715274141
Could you not use a helicoil on that FOG? Maybe not enough meat on the bone and make it a weak spot though. I had to replace the baseplate on my Holley. I tightened it down a little too much but it ran ok and didn't discover it till we replaced the intake.

The wife and I had this a week before Christmas , we still are not normal. Brutal ! Hope you feel better Biff .
Both my wife and I had that a couple of years ago and like you say "Brutal". Good job we have two bathrooms lol. Lived on toast and tea for almost a week. My pipes were clean though LOL I could hit the eye of a needle and ten paces and not even splash the sides.

Could you not use a helicoil on that FOG? Maybe not enough meat on the bone and make it a weak spot though. I had to replace the baseplate on my Holley. I tightened it down a little too much but it ran ok and didn't discover it till we replaced the intake.
Have one ordered already.:BangHead:

Happy Birfday Mark. One more coat of Por15 at 5:30. Have a bunch of grinding ahead of me today. Went to do some bronze TIG and realized I messed up the wires on the foot controller. UGH!. I dont think they are going to warranty my stupidity. I'll have to break out the OA torch to button up this phase on the Impala. The factory didn't get their seam brazed all of the way. I imagine that back window has been leaking it's whole life. I guess stuff like that happens when they are cranking out a million cars a year.

Last edited:
Happy Birfday Mark. One more coat of Por15 at 5:30. Have a bunch of grinding ahead of me today. Went to do some bronze TIG and realized I messed up the wires on the foot controller. UGH!. I dont think they are going to warranty my stupidity. I'll have to break out the OA torch to button up this phase on the Impala. The factory didn't get their seam brazed all of the way. I imagine that back window has been leaking it's whole life. I guess stuff like that happens when they are cranking out a million cars a year. Yes, over a million variations of the Impala in 1965. A number not yet topped by anyone.
If you can BP would like to see some pics.
I like to fallow along with your build and encourage me to get on mine.

Morning guys another nice day here in the freezer.
Have a good birthday Mark and like FOG said save your energy to blow out all the candles and please keep the fire hose handy in case the cake sets the table on fire. lol

-
Back