Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Putting POR-15 on the inside of my car inner roof is done and just put the first coat on the floors.
Trunk will be next.
I been wearing gloves put pretty typical of me to get all over me.
What you up to Mark?

Putting POR-15 on the inside of my car inner roof is done and just put the first coat on the floors.
Trunk will be next.
I been wearing gloves put pretty typical of me to get all over me.
What you up to Mark?
Fixed two snowblowers today and I checked out the inside of eyelids too. They are fine. Weather wasn't too bad but going down the crapper tonight. Need a good burnout to warm things up. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Fixed two snowblowers today and I checked out the inside of eyelids too. They are fine. Weather wasn't too bad but going down the crapper tonight. Need a good burnout to warm things up. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
You will get what BP sent us but I think it will hit you harder than it hit me.
Next storm is bringing in colder air I here. But what the heck gonna stay home anyway.

Looks like you made good progress today Fred. You POR15 the inside roof? Man I'd have that stuff dripping off of my elbows and running in my armpits. LOL

Looks like you made good progress today Fred. You POR15 the inside roof? Man I'd have that stuff dripping off of my elbows and running in my armpits. LOL
Yep same here got it all over me even in my hair. I only put one coat on the roof wasn't bad just a light coat of rust and will last longer than me. lol

I'm gonna pull the front clip off of the Impala and then the engine to change out the oil pump. Its building too much pressure and the oil pan is pretty beat up. I have a good oil pan for it. It looks like the powerglide is leaking out of the linkage area. I don't know a thing about that. I've been looking for a good deal for a turbo 350 because the are virtually a bolt in swap from what I can tell.

2 quick things BP..

What is the xmsn in the chevy now. Easy to differentiate btwn a 350/400 by pan shape. The 400 is a small bit longer. Easy swap but don't forget the kickdown cable.

You can change the oil.pump without pulling the motor if you like! Pull the pan, let it stop dripping and change it easily.

Used to race jeeps with chevy motors for years.

2 quick things BP..

What is the xmsn in the chevy now. Easy to differentiate btwn a 350/400 by pan shape. The 400 is a small bit longer. Easy swap but don't forget the kickdown cable.

You can change the oil.pump without pulling the motor if you like! Pull the pan, let it stop dripping and change it easily.

Used to race jeeps with chevy motors for years.
Powerglide. I figured I'd have to jack it up pretty far and remove the distributor plus I need to iron out some wrinkles in the frame. They did a bad job of repairing it. I just think it will be easier to pull it in the long run. I just hope the frame damage didn't get into the spring pocket. I have a couple low cylinders too. might rebuild the whole damned thing. Chebbie cheap. Pistons are less than $200.00

At least all of chevy transmissions bolt to all motors, for the most part anyway

At least all of chevy transmissions bolt to all motors, for the most part anyway
4L60E would be my choice if I was gonna keep it. Everybody putting LS motors in em too. If I wanted to hang with the cool kids I'd have to put a big block or a W engine in it. Hard to beat those LS engines for power durability a fuel mileage. I just want to turn this thing and use that money toward my barracuda so I just want it drive-able. I will take a closer look at swapping the oil pump without removing it. My old hardcore Chebbi mechanic guy who has owned several Impalas suggested just pulling it. Especially with the front clip off which I AM going to do.

Everybody putting LS motors in em too.

LSSwap.png

Be careful!

You can yell at me later BP.

The kids are taking me out for dinner tonight. Going to East Coast Wings ( my choice ), best wings in this area.

Yum! Wings and bkottomless chips.

You can yell at me later BP.

The kids are taking me out for dinner tonight. Going to East Coast Wings ( my choice ), best wings in this area.

Yum! Wings and bkottomless chips.
Hey wait for me Jeff I wanna go too.
Damn left over hamburger helper tonight and Rolaids.

The forum has changed a few things I got some different colors.
Or maybe it's me from all the primer fumes. lol

I think we are breathing the same fumes. Hopefully it's faster too.
My kids think I should get a faster internet but I told them that it's faster than me already so it works just fine.
This is a great forum for me easy to get around on because I am not good with computers.

Hey we had sloppy Joe's and tums later.
Sounds good FOG better than hamburger helper and Rolaids. Tums taste better and sure your sloppy Joe's turned out better than me trying to make hamburger helper taste better.

-
Back