Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Good Morning ! or whatever time it is where you are .

I was woke by the sound of rain on the roof this morning at 4:30am , Yea !

Well that didn't last long it quit at 7:30am , now it's just drizzling .

The Minions and Santa are dry and Happy in the garage for now . But they still what to be out on the lawn soon .

Yesterday I was a bit productive , I made sure that the TV didn't go anywhere and I managed to make out four snail mail Christmas cards . Boy what a day , I even managed to go to the mail box , not to send but to retrieve two days of mail .

Ya I know it doesn't sound like much . Considering the Dart is out there in the nice heated / air-conditioned well light garage sitting on the lift waiting patiently for me to go out there and put her together .
So far since getting her back from paint back in 2018 , I've managed to mask and paint the left inner fender , rad support and the upper part of the right inner fender .

I changed the fuel pump after it started to leak and while I was there and had the Alternator off I figured it would be a good time to upsize the charge wire to 10 gauge and run it straight back to the battery .

Why you ask , because years ago I changed the alt. form 35 amp to 60 amp and about a year later one hot afternoon I went to a friends house , I had been running the A/C at idle for a while before shutting it off .

When I was ready to leave I hit the key and nothing , nada , no power !

I sat there thinking , battery to start relay , relay through bulkhead connector into tap under the dash to the ignition switch , other side of tap to ammeter , ammeter to bulkhead connector, through bulkhead connector to Alternator + .
Ah HA ! The weak link is the ammeter !
So under the dash I go move wire to other terminal of ammeter and bingo power again !
It's been that way since 1988 .

I have long since added an electric cooling fan with what ever wire I had at the time . I think 14 gauge is a bit light for that .

So while I'm running the Alt + wire I might as well run a 10 gauge for the fan also .
I did add halogen Headlights years ago , I might as well add a relay for that also and what the heck wiring for daytime running lights too .

Oh and while I'm at it a switch for the fan override and a switch for the a/c comp .
I may even add FiTech F.I. , If I do , that means I need at least a 100 amp alt if not more , and that means 8 or 6 gauge wire for the alternator . And more relays .

When I get to the interior I am going to add Power windows to the doors and remote door locks . I'm also thinking about keyless start/stop , cruise control , remote electric or cable trunk release .
I've been toying with the idea of moving the Battery to the trunk , heck I even ran a welding cable under the carpet years ago .

This is starting to sound like I might be better off rewiring from a new fuse panel !
And that's just the electrical bit .

I still have the trim to reinstall , the rear seat to match the new front buckets , sound deadener ,
carpet , polish or powder coat the sill plates .

Refinish the dash or do the same to a Barracuda dash or customize a dash with the a/c vents just below the padded part in the face at each end and the middle .
Modding the factory a/c outlet to accept four round outlets instead of the under dash outlet box .
Since new I've been bitching about the need for outlets at the ends of the dash and higher up . Too much heat gain from the side windows without end dash vents .

I have a non a/c complete Barracuda dash that would make a good candidate for this . It will require different a/c controls and actuators .

I am thinking about new gauges like the ones I'm putting in my '57 GMC project and yes it will also have a/c outlets mounted high and at the ends and middle of the dash .
Here's the instruments I'm using

1103_d.jpg

And then there is the new rotors , pads and tubular upper control arms and the Hellwig 1 1/4" front anti sway bar to install and swap out the 7 1/4" for the 8 1/4" , the headlights grill and bumper and the list just keeps getting longer oh and the rear tires need to be swapped to the BBP rally wheels along with the rear axle , did I mention the front shocks with the sway bar ...

I'm tired just listing all the stuff I'll have to do !

Time for a nap ... zzzzzz

Last edited:
Stocking stuffer idea for 2020: toilet paper. I'm giving a few rolls out this year. No idea what 2021 will bring.

Well snow stoped around noon , didn’t amount to much , finished the bathroom today , see one day.lol ttyt, guys last ..

Morning guys, all quiet here to .. over cast and 4deg the snow yesterday was a bit of a surprise off to the 4letter word ,cheers

A0E92530-98C5-4AE3-85DF-FA1ABED62D2E.jpeg

Up at 3am made sure the tv was still doing its job till 9 had breakfast and out to the market . Back around 10:30 let the minions and Santa out. They’re basking in the sun .

Now time for lunch ... yum

-
Back