Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I guess if your use to doing it it is better.
But Glad I'm retired and don't have to do it anymore.
Yeah I don’t do it much of it any more Fred, been working on internal stuff on the used car side of things, no heavy line stuff. Not retired yet but old body still feels it. Cab off work is great on newer stuff but I’ve had a few cab bolts break or spin on older trucks and really complicates the repair

Yeah I don’t do it much of it any more Fred, been working on internal stuff on the used car side of things, no heavy line stuff. Not retired yet but old body still feels it. Cab off work is great on newer stuff but I’ve had a few cab bolts break or spin on older trucks and really complicates the repair
Same here on the cab bolts and truck box bolts and really a pain to fix. and spend extra time fixing it mostly in a salt the roads place like I'm sure ya know.

So! this is just the small amount I got done today and waiting for my old barn wood to fill in the sides and making old swinging saloon doors on the back.
The canopy on the top is figured out so just waiting for Monday to get more materials.

IMG_20221127_153532047.jpg

So had a gal come over that wanted MIL's cats and MIL decided to keep her cats because they were her kids. SOOOOO! being stressed to the max over 2 cats I think MIL is gonna have to find her own home with her cats real soon. I did my best to take care of her but I can't deal with it anymore.
Sorry guys just venting AGAIN. lol

So had a gal come over that wanted MIL's cats and MIL decided to keep her cats because they were her kids. SOOOOO! being stressed to the max over 2 cats I think MIL is gonna have to find her own home with her cats real soon. I did my best to take care of her but I can't deal with it anymore.
Sorry guys just venting AGAIN. lol
All good this is a safe space . Didn’t the cat want to go for a truck ride I swear I heard them ask …swear ….truck ride , truck ride ,truck ride ….

All good this is a safe space . Didn’t the cat want to go for a truck ride I swear I heard them ask …swear ….truck ride , truck ride ,truck ride ….
Just told MIL the cats have to go I'm tired of being a yes man and if she doesn't get rid of the cats she has to find a new home.
Guess I'm out of the will. LOL

Just told MIL the cats have to go I'm tired of being a yes man and if she doesn't get rid of the cats she has to find a new home.
It's your home, that you have offered to share with her, she has to respect that. I am 100% in agreement with you about the cats.

The old 3 in the tree. Had a 69 F100, good truck, over 300,000 miles on it. Only thing you had to really watch was no wheel hop in reverse, ever, mud, snow whatever. It would break the reverse idler shaft almost every time. And a real pain in the *** to fix.
Wasn't gonna say Ford but it did cross my mind.
Think really the Ford use to be a good truck but there all **** anymore. Think the only good truck is an old one with a stick shift.
he h

Good for you Fred. She is the guest in the house and she has to realize that. I'm sure you felt bad but your mental health is far more important than the cats staying.
Your MIL would be better in a home anyway. My 91 yr old aunt just went into a home and she has improved ten fold. She was aging really fast and not eating as she should but now it's like someone had lit a fire under her. She made a huge improvement and back to her great sense of humour.
She'll make new friends in there and will be well taken care of. Win Win!!!

Hope you got an afternoon snooze in Fred
Afternoon snoozes most times just mess me up, wake up and brain is just scrambled. Then I’m up all night watching tv or fiddling around in the shop, which promotes another afternoon nap. Vicious cycle. Try hard not to fall into that trap, but sometimes it can’t be avoided lol

Good for you Fred. She is the guest in the house and she has to realize that. I'm sure you felt bad but your mental health is far more important than the cats staying.
Your MIL would be better in a home anyway. My 91 yr old aunt just went into a home and she has improved ten fold. She was aging really fast and not eating as she should but now it's like someone had lit a fire under her. She made a huge improvement and back to her great sense of humour.
Yes moving mom into a home was the best thing we could have done. She was close, 4 miles away, good food, good care, friends, activities. Like you said Mark, put a spring back in her step and no worries for me about her falling and not being able to get back up. Win, Win

Got up this morning and MIL was so mad at me she told me if she had to live with me like a wife she would kill me.
Just kicked her out of the house and she's staying at my daughter's place till arrangements can be made.
Loves her cats more than family so good by to her. Gonna be nice to get back to normal.

Got up this morning and MIL was so mad at me she told me if she had to live with me like a wife she would kill me.
Just kicked her out of the house and she's staying at my daughter's place till arrangements can be made.
Loves her cats more than family so good by to her. Gonna be nice to get back to normal.
I'm sure you hated to end it that way but had to be done Fred.
She'll come to her senses eventually and will see why it happened and she'll be fine.
Don't feel bad, it was you or her.

It seems it’s easier to put ”mom” in a home in Canada than it is to put mom in a home in the states.

Good afternoon/evening guys cold here also calling for snow the next couple of days . Another exciting day , loaded 200 feet of 3/4 cable on a winch this afternoon ,never a dull day .

What do your parts cost down there ?
Schwab said we needed new brakes. 900 bucks. That was last fall. Figured I should check them myself by now. That include calipers that I did not replace. With a warranty of some sort. Seems like a good deal right now but I’m sure I did a better job. Lots of rust removal and POR15 a lot of it.

-
Back