Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
1669707727254.gif

It seems it’s easier to put ”mom” in a home in Canada than it is to put mom in a home in the states.
Don’t know about other provinces but here it was a year and a half wait, without a Doctor’s fast track. Then it was the next available room. My Mom was fast tracked because the Doc told us every time I send her home she comes back with broken bones. So 3 weeks later she was admitted. Big load off my mind.

It seems it’s easier to put ”mom” in a home in Canada than it is to put mom in a home in the states.
There is a waiting time in most cases. Most people put their names on a waiting list and if they call you take or you don't but your name stays on the list. Probably easier to get in one in Northern Ontario. It's tough thought but for the best

Good afternoon/evening guys cold here also calling for snow the next couple of days . Another exciting day , loaded 200 feet of 3/4 cable on a winch this afternoon ,never a dull day .
Yeah saw that on the news Biff. Hope you're ready.

Morning guys and Happy Tuesday.
Back in 1983 in Toronto there were two woman raped and murdered and the case went cold for many years.
Finally, through a new process with DNA they found the guy and he was living in Moosonee way up in Northern Ontario. The cops never gave up and persistence paid off.
He is now 61 and in Toronto waiting a court date.
It's brought closure to their families.
The cops are also looking into cases using the same DNA.
I'm sure he figured he got away scott free until that knock on the door.
What a great ending

There is a waiting time in most cases. Most people put their names on a waiting list and if they call you take or you don't but your name stays on the list. Probably easier to get in one in Northern Ontario. It's tough thought but for the best
Still no cakewalk here Mark. Mother in law was placed last january after spending 2 months in hospital waiting for a bed.RJ

Still no cakewalk here Mark. Mother in law was placed last january after spending 2 months in hospital waiting for a bed.RJ
When my mom was in hospital in Oshawa the only place available was on Kennedy Road in Toronto. We finally got her out of there after 11days and she went to a home in St Catharines very close to my sister.
It's a bugger getting old

Morning guys and Happy Tuesday.
Back in 1983 in Toronto there were two woman raped and murdered and the case went cold for many years.
Finally, through a new process with DNA they found the guy and he was living in Moosonee way up in Northern Ontario. The cops never gave up and persistence paid off.
He is now 61 and in Toronto waiting a court date.
It's brought closure to their families.
The cops are also looking into cases using the same DNA.
I'm sure he figured he got away scott free until that knock on the door.
What a great ending
Apparently they caught him because he submitted his DNA for an ancestory report. At least that’s what I understood. But wouldn’t that have privacy concerns

Apparently they caught him because he submitted his DNA for an ancestory report. At least that’s what I understood. But wouldn’t that have privacy concerns
Nope, not at all
You'd be surprised how commonplace it is getting to be for cops to use public database to narrow down thier subject pool

Sometimes it's down to cousins and that gets them looking in the right direction

Oh, and this case will not be a happy ending unless they execute the perp

Morning guys really nice to wake up and not have cats under my feet and clawing my furniture.
Going to look for MIL an apartment today so we can get her out of my daughters house.
Then back to working on the old truck and goofing off. lol

Morning guys really nice to wake up and not have cats under my feet and clawing my furniture.
Going to look for MIL an apartment today so we can get her out of my daughters house.
Then back to working on the old truck and goofing off. lol
Good job Fred. I hope she finds some peace. She's still gonna need help.

anyone her follow the world cup ?
im starting to think the Orange will get it this time

one a side note, did we discuss breakfast yet?

a while ago i came across a recipe for a hash brown omelet
i made me one, then i made the wife one, then i made the boy one

thats where i went wrong, he has been wanting one just about every day since for breakfast
they are pretty simple to make, you put a small layer of hashbrowns in a frying pan in some oil and cook it for a few minutes

then you whisk up a few eggs with some milk and seasoning, and pour that over the hashbrowns
of course you got to add some form of protein to it, ham, bacon, spam, leftover fajita chicken, chorizo, you name it

my boy of course prefers the bacon (and i do too) and this is where this becomes a bit of a pain, because now i have to fry up some bacon before making the omelets each morning

but, smart as i am, i decided the cut up enough bacon for the entire week, fry it up and put it aside until i need it

which when great, until the baby came by, said "oh bacon" took the plate and ate my entire weeks supply

anyone her follow the world cup ?
im starting to think the Orange will get it this time

one a side note, did we discuss breakfast yet?

a while ago i came across a recipe for a hash brown omelet
i made me one, then i made the wife one, then i made the boy one

thats where i went wrong, he has been wanting one just about every day since for breakfast
they are pretty simple to make, you put a small layer of hashbrowns in a frying pan in some oil and cook it for a few minutes

then you whisk up a few eggs with some milk and seasoning, and pour that over the hashbrowns
of course you got to add some form of protein to it, ham, bacon, spam, leftover fajita chicken, chorizo, you name it

my boy of course prefers the bacon (and i do too) and this is where this becomes a bit of a pain, because now i have to fry up some bacon before making the omelets each morning

but, smart as i am, i decided the cut up enough bacon for the entire week, fry it up and put it aside until i need it

which when great, until the baby came by, said "oh bacon" took the plate and ate my entire weeks supply
That Does sound good I'll have to give it a try.
I remember the days of trying to save something for next days meal and would disappear before I could use it. lol

-
Back