Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Great technique Gramps. Saved my butt a few times. Not so much with bed liner but running the clear off of the panel in another "whoops" fix
Yep been there more than my share but as you know we sign our name to our work. :thumbsup:

Yep been there more than my share but as you know we sign our name to our work. :thumbsup:
I call them "flow indicators" had a dandy in the corvette. Luckily I razor bladed it out. Took a few sessions and some patients but I got it out. I've never tried it but but I've heard of a technique where you spread plastic filler over the run and sand it down that way.
Kind of makes sense. What ya drinking tonight sir? Got me a Gin and Tonic going myself.

I will need to remember the tape trick because I run the paint on good jobs but not on derby cars.
Ya you make an appropriate sized loop and just try and touch the run then hit it with some more paint to help the tape track to flow out. That's the theory anyway. I just sand them out . It would work really good with the bed liner but I cant imagine that happening to anyone with some experience. Freds kids are lucky to get some good direction and experience.

I call them "flow indicators" had a dandy in the corvette. Luckily I razor bladed it out. Took a few sessions and some patients but I got it out. I've never tried it but but I've heard of a technique where you spread plastic filler over the run and sand it down that way.
Kind of makes sense. What ya drinking tonight sir? Got me a Gin and Tonic going myself.
Never heard of that?
Yep I'm drinking Black Velvet and Sprite. Cheers my friend.

Ya you make an appropriate sized loop and just try and touch the run then hit it with some more paint to help the tape track to flow out. That's the theory anyway. I just sand them out . It would work really good with the bed liner but I cant imagine that happening to anyone with some experience. Freds kids are lucky to get some good direction and experience.
I been putting a layer of tape on 2 sides of a razor blade and cutting the run off and works pretty good.

I been putting a layer of tape on 2 sides of a razor blade and cutting the run off and works pretty good.
Good tip. Same idea as the filler idea but simpler. The run on the vette was on a convex area so I had to put a curve into the blade.:BangHead:

Good tip. Same idea as the filler idea but simpler. The run on the vette was on a convex area so I had to put a curve into the blade.:BangHead:
Think I'll leave the painting to you I have enough anymore just to get my body panels straight.

Think I'll leave the painting to you I have enough anymore just to get my body panels straight.
I dislike painting. I do it because I have to. I generally loose money at it. I love the metal straightening process. My best money is the making a phone call and marking up the part.

I dislike painting. I do it because I have to. I generally loose money at it. I love the metal straightening process. My best money is the making a phone call and marking up the part.
If you can get the parts. Still waiting for parts that was ordered 3 weeks ago.

If you can get the parts. Still waiting for parts that was ordered 3 weeks ago.
It sure has been a challenge. Towed in a little gravy lick today. Hyundai. Some of the shops wont even work on them. That's BS. Gotta take the good with the bad.

It sure has been a challenge. Towed in a little gravy lick today. Hyundai. Some of the shops wont even work on them. That's BS. Gotta take the good with the bad.
Haven't worked on a Hyundai in years but don't see what the problem would be working on one.

Haven't worked on a Hyundai in years but don't see what the problem would be working on one.
I guess its a local thing. The dealership kind of sucks. Takes forever to get parts and its a 40 mile round trip for me. No delivery. I cant believe I'm saying this but I hope I can get everything aftermarket.

I guess its a local thing. The dealership kind of sucks. Takes forever to get parts and its a 40 mile round trip for me. No delivery. I cant believe I'm saying this but I hope I can get everything aftermarket.
Been doing a lot of aftermarket parts lately and they suck.

1699163308312.jpeg

Morning guys.
My wife's friend of many years passed away 2 weeks ago.
We were able to watch the funeral live stream yesterday from B.C.
Great technology we have today.
Can you imagine us telling our parents we will be doing this in the future? They'd think we were nuts.
Scary to think what is ahead in our future.
Supposed to be a nice day today. Everything outside has been put away so we'll sit out in the sun for a while.
Snooze you say? lol
Have a great day

-
Back