Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I just did a non-stop Portland, OR to Mpls, MN trip this past weekend. 1,700 miles, 27 hours, and all alone.

Never again!
Made that trip but to Seattle Washington many times and I understand. You didn't stop in North Dakota to visit me!!! :poke:

Well guy came over to see what the cost would be to install the exhaust fan in the garage and noticed my Scamp and old truck.
He has a old car he needs to buff the paint back to get a shine on it. We made a deal. He installs the fan and I buff his car. Win win for us both.

Well guy came over to see what the cost would be to install the exhaust fan in the garage and noticed my Scamp and old truck.
He has a old car he needs to buff the paint back to get a shine on it. We made a deal. He installs the fan and I buff his car. Win win for us both.
Gotta like that!

Made that trip but to Seattle Washington many times and I understand. You didn't stop in North Dakota to visit me!!! :poke:
Ha! By the time I got to N.D. I had already been awake for 26 hours, and I was so tired I was either rolling the windows down in the hopes that the cold air would wake me up, or calling people on the phone and telling them, "Talk to me. I need to stay awake."

Dumb way to travel, but there were unforeseen circumstances...

Next time, ok? :lol:

Ha! By the time I got to N.D. I had already been awake for 26 hours, and I was so tired I was either rolling the windows down in the hopes that the cold air would wake me up, or calling people on the phone and telling them, "Talk to me. I need to stay awake."

Dumb way to travel, but there were unforeseen circumstances...

Next time, ok? :lol:
I understand and yea made many trips out there and back with no sleep because of circumstances.
I'll catch up with you next time. :thumbsup:

1705991330264.gif

Winding down for the night. I know of a shrew that might be in San Diego. Can only wish her the best of luck.

1705991913475.gif

Oh, yeah! One of my my brothers is an independent OTR driver who has a semi-regular Chicago-Seattle gig, and he's been calling me all sorts of nasty things since I got home. Some of them are probably well deserved, if I'm going to be honest with myself...
Are you going to Mopars in the Park in Still Water in the first of June?

Are you going to Mopars in the Park in Still Water in the first of June?
Funny you should ask, as Bazza and his wife were one of my early Saturday morning phone calls while I was driving back from Portland.

Quick update: Bazza and his wife spoke with the Director of the event (Dave) a couple weeks ago and asked about handicap facilities, as Bazza still can't walk very far, and during that conversation Dave mentioned that some people bring electric scooters and/or golf carts with them. Sounds ideal, especially considering I happen to know a place that rents them! So the idea was (past tense, and more in a second) that I would rent a golf cart and meet them at the show, their friend Jimmy would trailer the car to a spot somewhere close to the show (the thin, warped front brake rotors haven't been replaced yet), and then drive it in, and at the very least we would all spend Saturday at the show.

However, while we were planning all of this I learned that Bazza's had two Emergency Room visits since New Year's, and once again his health is a "Big Unknown", so they are going to hold-off on signing-up until the very last day/weekend.

Bazza really wants to go, but if he and his wife can't make it, he told me that I should take the car. My response was, "What the hell can I tell people about it? I don't know the history of it, and I can't explain the pictures!" (He has a photo album of the car from damn near Day One.)

(And just between the two of us, all I know about the car is what I found wrong with it, so I don't think I would be a good Ambassador for it!)

So that's where we sit right now. It's all up to Bazza. If his health is good, we're going. If not, it's not my car, and I don't know that I would feel comfortable taking it there w/o him.

But I have my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Funny you should ask, as Bazza and his wife were one of my early Saturday morning phone calls while I was driving back from Portland.

Quick update: Bazza and his wife spoke with the Director of the event (Dave) a couple weeks ago and asked about handicap facilities, as Bazza still can't walk very far, and during that conversation Dave mentioned that some people bring electric scooters and/or golf carts with them. Sounds ideal, especially considering I happen to know a place that rents them! So the idea was (past tense, and more in a second) that I would rent a golf cart and meet them at the show, their friend Jimmy would trailer the car to a spot somewhere close to the show (the thin, warped front brake rotors haven't been replaced yet), and then drive it in, and at the very least we would all spend Saturday at the show.

However, while we were planning all of this I learned that Bazza's had two Emergency Room visits since New Year's, and once again his health is a "Big Unknown", so they are going to hold-off on signing-up until the very last day/weekend.

Bazza really wants to go, but if he and his wife can't make it, he told me that I should take the car. My response was, "What the hell can I tell people about it? I don't know the history of it, and I can't explain the pictures!" (He has a photo album of the car from damn near Day One.)

So that's where we sit right now. It's all up to Bazza. If his health is good, we're going. If not, it's not my car, and I don't know that I would feel comfortable taking it there w/o him.

But I have my fingers crossed.
I plan on being there and not sure what I'll take yet. Thinking the Scamp but some of the guys what me to bring my concession stand so they can party on it. So if you see this That will be me.

IMG_20230401_065013444.jpg

I plan on being there and not sure what I'll take yet. Thinking the Scamp but some of the guys what me to bring my concession stand so they can party on it. So if you see this That will be me.

View attachment 1716196305
Oh, man! That looks like it would be a blast!

Yeah, if we go I'll definitely keep any eye out for/it!

So physio went well and I go every Wed at 7:30 from now on.
The two girls I had weren't too hard on the eyes believe me.
My neighbour cleaned our driveway and sidewalks by hand then she did her own last night.
Had a little more snow this afternoon but nothing really and hasn't been that cold either. Nice break.

cold.png

-
Back