Late bloomer in houston texas

-

Bumpstick

Reaction score
:angry4: My "little bride" bought a '70 Duster, strictly for it's color! The car has a fair paint job,"Plum Crazy" is the color. The interior is neat, with out rips,and a faily tight head liner.. How ever the carpet was brown, and has been dyed black(it's fading)...The dash cap is tight. The dash gauge cluster has problems. Fuel gauge does not register over quarter tank. Dash lights are dim, and it has an "idiot light", for the oil. Temp guage does not work.
The engine is an '87, 318ci,4bbl(2bbl manifold/4bbl adapter plate), and a 509 slush box...The rear is 83/4"...4 wheel manual drum brakes, and small bolt pattern.
The front end is shot, needing a complete rebuild...Rear springs are flat, needing to be replaced.
All I wanted to do, was to retire(I'm 64), but now I can't!...You think that she planned this to keep me outa her hair?...

Welcome to FABO !!!
Post up some pictures,and now you get to live your second childhood....
One way to stay young,but it sure sucks when you get a ticket from a 25 year old policeman that does not know what kind of car you are driving....
TXDart

Welcome from the north end of Houston. Post some pics, plus you will find worlds of info on this site.

Bill

No, your bride is looking out for your future! What were you gonna do when you retire, sit around and veg? No!!! You're supposed to have fun! And now you're going to.
Welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here!
And your/her new Duster is going to open up a whole new world of friends and activities for you. You're both gonna have fun.

Welcome from over in Rosenberg. Man I wish I had no problems bigger than yours.

Welcome to FABO. Smart little bride you have there. Both her and the Duster sound like keepers, and with a little body and mechanical work, both should purr like kittens. :)

-
Back