Late Christmas present

-
Awesome....you got it home! Buy one more light like the one you have, and mount one up against the rafters on each side of the lift. Might seem like overkill.....but you won't have dark spots that way. Grease the slides inside the posts, oil the rollers for the cables....and EVERY TIME you raise something up, be sure to check the locks to make sure they seated on the blocks before going under. Some people will tell you that you can move it with a car on it, when it's sitting on the wheel kit....but don't! I tried that with mine, and one of the caster wheels caught on a tiny rock laying in the floor....and I bent the piss out of that one caster frame! The 2 flat bars that catch the pegs on the post and push the posts up off the floor? That's what I bent. :BangHead: Congrats on getting it home. :)
Yeah we made it. Luckily we only had to go about a mile. The rollback driver went slow and easy. Even though we had it strapped down.
So if I understand you're saying leave the lights drop down just move it to either side of the lift? That's a good idea.
I'm thinking I'm just going to get a tube of my good LE red grease and a 1 inch paint brush and just slather everything up real good on the sliders . What do you use for your cable rollers?

Yeah....you could leave the lights dropped down, but if it were me, I'd make them maybe a foot or two higher than they are now. That way, if you had to climb a ladder to do some little something in the engine compartment while the vehicle is raised up, you would have some light to where you could see. I would maybe hang them barely outside of the posts of the lift. I've got an oil squirt can that I just keep drippings from new motor oil bottles after an oil change. Doing it once or twice a year is enough. Anything that is real oil, instead of WD40 will work.

I have a 4 post, get you some 4foot LED lights and some strong magnets for them. Then you can stick them to the runners and light up the under side.

-
Back