LATE model Dart love. 73-6

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
These cars never get any respect or love, yet I think they are fantastic cars as they are.

People are so mean to call them "beak" cars and criticize Chrysler engineering.

This thread is for "Late" model darts, dusters, dart sports and scamps 73+

who wouldn't want a car that already comes with disc brakes and very well engineered equipment for comfort and quiet.

here is my new hot rod ...a 75 dart :D

Attachments

• CIMG0002.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 556
  • CIMG0004.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 534
73 Swinger with a few mods.

Attachments

• interior2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 528
  • engine.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 544
  • dashsmall.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 557
  • siderunning.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 522
  • lakeshot.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 529
I have never cared for them. I am glad you do. You can have my share of like for them.

I'll be following this thread. I have a 74 Swinger that has sat on the side of my garage for years. It was my first car and although it has rust in the usual places and it hasn't been driven for years, I still love it. Some day I'll have the time and money to bring it back to life.

Travis

Here's my '74 Swinger. More pics to follow once I get the front done.
unnamed.jpg

Here is a couple photos of my 1975... Hating the 75-76 Dart until I got this one. Love the stance!!

As I always said..If you can't be with the one you love...love the one you are with....

not a big fan of them...but

Here in California, the cut off year for smog is 1975.....so if it's a '75 or older....they're cool!

I personally love the way they look. Beak Darts are still a lot better looking than a lot of other '73+ vehicles out there, IMO. When I take it for a drive I'll usually get compliments on it, so it can't be that ugly lol... Having the bolt bolt pattern and disk brakes is great too! And removing the bumper guards made a big difference in the overall look of the bumpers.

I understand that some people just prefer the earlier Darts, and that's fine. To each their own.

Attachments

• IMG_3311.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 458
I understand that some people just prefer the earlier Darts, and that's fine. To each their own.

still no reason to hate on a car......I happen to also own a 68 dart and a 70 swinger and I love my "beak" the same as the rest of my "children" :D

You just have to love them...

Attachments

• 0514152047.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 381
You have to!

Attachments

• 0514152047a.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 435
Hey...I love my '75 Scamp...she drives like a new car...well for 1975 anyway.

Attachments

• tn_Rod Run...Teddy...Scamp 109.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 399
I'm partial to 'em. I waited years until I found my rust free 75 sport 360.
Dan

Well,
That's twice today for me in case you missed it.
I've got a stack of spare beaks.
Love the beak. Embrace the beak. I say beaks are even sexy.

[ame]https://youtu.be/WkzTcUVTP0Q[/ame]

Attachments

• dewitt.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 363
These cars never get any respect or love, yet I think they are fantastic cars as they are.

People are so mean to call them "beak" cars and criticize Chrysler engineering.

This thread is for "Late" model darts, dusters, dart sports and scamps 73+

who wouldn't want a car that already comes with disc brakes and very well engineered equipment for comfort and quiet.

here is my new hot rod ...a 75 dart :D

Good point on the technology, I would think the later cars had some nice upgrades, inside and out.

Here's mine and some cars that influenced my interest in Dart Sports.

Attachments

• 2015 SSSSA Palm Beach 2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 398
  • 435e938335eb25544b5d867c21c465f8.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 391
  • null_landy-74.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 401
  • TheRodShopDart.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 398
Good point on the technology, I would think the later cars had some nice upgrades, inside and out.

Speaking of technology....to bad they didn't start earlier with the weight saving features found on a 1976 Dart Lite. (Feather Dusters too.) Chrysler started with lightweight body parts in the '60's, but the fuel mileage benefits were ignored because of cheap gas.

I disagree with better technology on the beak cars. The A-body was a rolling collection of band-aids with regards to meeting impact and air pollution standards. The good part of this is that band-aids can be stripped off and parts swap back and forth easily.

I had a 73 Dart Custom /6 that was a fixer upper and my daily driver for three years. I did a lot to it to personalize it.

I like A-bodies anyway. Particular to the beak car, I liked:
The BBP disk brakes and improved aftermarket wheel selection.
The front end that allowed fitting a B-body cop car steering box with no other modifications.
The split backrest front seat and fold down center arm rest. I re-upholstered this in black tweed. It made a comfortable place to drive.

Attachments

• IMG_5047n.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_5614s.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 329
I searched for a Dart SE for years, and finally got this one off eBay a few years ago. I am the third owner and the original was Effie Mae Lynn from Kansas and she drove it until her 90's then sold it to a guy in California who drove it into his 80's then gave it to a charity auction company who sold it to me! Slant six automatic with factory A/C that still blows cold.

Attachments

• 75 dart se.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 383
-
Back