Late model LA 360 any good

-
one thing...my heads are fully ported by Hughes. I think the chambers might be a bit big

one thing...my heads are fully ported by Hughes. I think the chambers might be a bit big

Do you know what the cc's of combustion chambers are? When they do a port job I just thought they opened up the intake and exhaust ports?

89-91 Roller Cam 360's are a great foundation LA 360 longblock.

Advantages:
Hydraulic Roller Cam/Lifters
8.8:1 Advertised Compression....Hardened Valve Seats....enlarged pushrod holes....1.88/1.60 valves.

The Downsides of this engine:
Steel Freeze Plugs
Smog Injection Ports under the exhaust port
No Windage Tray
TBI Fuel Injection

I paid $150.00 for mine 4 years ago....pulled from a 89 4x4 Ramcharger 150....bout 118,000 miles showing , bores looked perfect......tore it down anyway.....replaced the usual Freeze Plugs, valve seals, timing set, added a timing tensioner...reused pretty much all the hard engine parts, regasketed it/sealed, reassembled it, and have been cruising along to the tune of 25,000 miles over the last 14 months....problem free.....gets 18-20mpg on the highway with 2.76's.

My buddies Accelerometer App on his I-Phone suggested that my car is putting 195hp to the rear wheels....
with a pretty stock combo..stock OE roller cam..340 Thermoquad/340 intake, 340 exhaust manifolds, 2.25 full exhaust....3400lbs
10.0 @ 82mph - 1/8

What kind of power are you looking for? Stop light warrior?
I have not dyno'd the combo. The old combo, same short block in a '73 Cuda 4spd, stock suspension, car listed at 3650 with myself at 170lbs.

Edelbrock RPM head, AG intake & 750
Super comp headers into 2-1/2 dual exhaust
Mid 12's. I can't remember trap speed.

Sorry for not being a little more exacting. It's been almost .... Well, a really long time.

S/S springs, upgraded clutch, better shocks reduced overall weight and wider tires help this combo into the lower 12's. In an A body, you should be able to do this and easier. You could be able to do this with a set up like 4.10's & a 26-27 inch tire. Still have the ability to drive around town and some Hwy. travels. A better cam can knock a few tenths off and have better drive ability.

You could up the cam considerably. [email protected] with .600 lift and feed it a dual quad.
Done right, high 500hp levels are a good and proper tune away.

stop light warrior indeed. Wanna build the car into a sleeper kinda like this one.

Going to do the calculations for a home built 3 link and when funds permit, go for a Hemi Denny k-member. It has a 518 attached but sourced an A-833 locally. the issue with that is a RHD bellhousing. And then there's the expensive clutch setup.

Car is a basket case at the moment with no running gear or suspension. I have a Dana 60 but it needs to be cut down and have new axles made.

Attachments

• Charger steel wheels2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 78
-
Back