Lawdie my arth - a - ritis!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Finally warmed up into the 50's F here, and last couple of days little or no rain. So I decided to get the new K member under the car. Will...................

Get away from the 67 only idler arm

Get me spool mounts instead of the biscuits

Gives me a K that a sway bar will slide through

If I live through this, LOL, next project is front disks!!!

Had a HELL of a time getting the T bars out, the headers are so close. I had a lot of trouble getting the lower A arm nuts off, as the studs just turn in the bushings. Finally got the nuts out, and pried and drove on the lower A's to get the T bars out.

AND I have a nice big set of 1 inchers to go back in!!

Turns out 1 front shock was doing absolutely NOTHING!!!

Attachments

• K1.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 639
  • K2.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,086
I'd have to get up, go outside, and look, LOL. It's a used 2 post, which I built a frame out of rectangular and 2x2 tube so it "free stands" out doors. I have no shop.

That thing is the ONLY reason that I can still work on "stuff," LOL and some of the smartest money I've ever spent

!!OH!! It's a Challenger 7K Had it 4 years already!!

Building the frame:

This is way before I got the Cletrac put together

8xs9wg.jpg

174spv.jpg

2wm4e2u.jpg

2ry6jwz.jpg

id9n5w.jpg

I'd have to get up, go outside, and look, LOL. It's a used 2 post, which I built a frame out of rectangular and 2x2 tube so it "free stands" out doors. I have no shop.

That thing is the ONLY reason that I can still work on "stuff," LOL and some of the smartest money I've ever spent

!!OH!! It's a Challenger 7K Had it 4 years already!!

Building the frame:

This is way before I got the Cletrac put together

Intersesting. I have a second lift I need to get put up. It would be better outside.

Engine sitting back on the (brand new spool) mounts, and I hurt from head to toe. No more work today!!!

Attachments

• K3.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 875
  • K5.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 578
Right on. Improvement is a good thing. That will be nice to get a sway bar in there, and of course discs will be a beautiful change. I hurt a little with each day of working, I dread the day when I can't work because I hurt already. A hoist definitely will delay that a bit! I just can't decide on which kind.

Almost hate to say this but it is supposed to be raining and cooler next week.....

nice going,nothing better then upgrades on your favorite ride.nice lift too.:glasses7:

Almost hate to say this but it is supposed to be raining and cooler next week.....

Yeh, heh. But it doesn't look like much of a "gully washer." I feel a little better after lying in the big chair awhile. Hope to have it back on the ground tomorrow aft, depending on "rain."

Have to recheck the toe.

The rear nut for the driver side mount through--bolt is gonna be a beauoweaouCH

.............. A hoist ................ I just can't decide on which kind.

I sure like my 2-post. I hear a lot of guys like 4 posters, but I can't imagine bangin my head on those ramps, and I would, too. Very few jobs I've done when I actually wished I had a 4-post.

Well we ain't gettin' much done THIS afternoon!!!

Attachments

• front33.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,147
I have got to jump in here and say You have got allot dun :cheers:
Having a lift would be so cool :glasses7: Congratulations on getting this far :cheers:

It stormed all night here last night and Memphis got hit bad, I hope the weather
clears up for you soon so you can get back at it :glasses7:
It is going to be getting colder here for the next 4 days but not to bad. :glasses7:

Waited all damn day for USPS today, finally "gave up" around 2PM, but later went out and checked again, and here was my angle cube!!! and...........

This thing is pretty cool!!! Has magnets on the sides, and gives you level or tilt angle, either "true" or relative. I'm gonna use it to insure calibration of the old caster/ camber gauge.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?...campaign=PLA&gclid=CMuu16qplLYCFch7QgodjCMAcA

30248-04-500.jpg

and.............the all important T bar seals. Actually got the things in, said "screw it" and roughed in the height at toe enough to "get it on the ground."

Went for a short hop, and gee, it actually goes down the road!!!

Nearly 8PM here, hasn't gotten above 40F all day long.

I suffered from arthritis for years, and finally let my doctor talk me into trying Celebrex. It's like somebody gave me 20 years back! If you haven't tried it, you should. It's amazing how much relief it gave me. Good luck, and keep up the good work on your car.

I cannot take it. I have gastric problems, and that is one of many that aggravate it. That's one of my problems---there are many meds I cannot take.

Waited all damn day for USPS today, finally "gave up" around 2PM, but later went out and checked again, and here was my angle cube!!! and...........

This thing is pretty cool!!! Has magnets on the sides, and gives you level or tilt angle, either "true" or relative. I'm gonna use it to insure calibration of the old caster/ camber gauge.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?...campaign=PLA&gclid=CMuu16qplLYCFch7QgodjCMAcA

30248-04-500.jpg

and.............the all important T bar seals. Actually got the things in, said "screw it" and roughed in the height at toe enough to "get it on the ground."

Went for a short hop, and gee, it actually goes down the road!!!

Nearly 8PM here, hasn't gotten above 40F all day long.

Was outside rock farming today, wind picked up and the flurries started...

I feel your pain. Literally. My grandpa and mom both had arthritis and now my hands are starting to show signs. My brother noticed it last summer, and said you're getting Grandpa's hands!! It hasn't gotten to the point were I'm taking meds yet, but someday...

I love your two post lift. If ya gotta work outside, at least you don't have to lay on your back!!!

Well, finally got the little girl lined up (for now) and back on 'er feet, until and if I live long enough to get the disc brake conversion done.

Bought this toe gauge off th' bay, which turned out to be a "waste." I knew I could make one, and thought this would be a nice addition. But I didn't realize how darn tall it is, (for trucks) as it interfered with the front fender braces, and placed the indicator well above the spindle center line. So I ended up cutting off the bottoms of the stands. It came without a cross tube, and that was my other FU----I ASSUMED Ammco would have used something "common" like 3/4 or 1" OD square tube-----NOPE 7/8. So I bought some round tube for the cross piece. Also had to make a pointer for the "other end."

In my defense, it did come with a nice tire scriber tool, and after all the messin/ with the gauge, it DOES work good. Bear in mind I haven't anyone "handy" to hold the other end of a tape. With two people and scribe marks on your tires, that's all one really needs to set the toe.

First photo below is the Ammco gauge, before I cut the bottoms off the stands

Next is some used Ammco ball bearing turning plates, a very worthwhile buy. I just leveled up the car trailer for an "alignment rack." These turning plates not only rotate, they slide in/ out so that the suspension can "scrub" to a normal position when jouncing the front of the vehicle.

Next we have the old Ammco caster/ camber gauge. I didn't fuss with this much, didn't even worry about caster, as I'll tear it down again to install the disk brakes soon

Last we have the "fancy" new Ammco toe gauge in place. "Next time" I'll just build one of the damn things. If you compare this shot with the ebay photo, you can see how much I sawed off the stands.

Attachments

• AmmcoTG.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 5,286
  • _MG_6329.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,825
  • _MG_6330.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 8,756
  • _MG_6332.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 7,564
-
Back