lca bushing removal

-

terry

Reaction score
hi folks i haven't been able to locate the thread about removing the lca bushing but it had to do with welding a large flat washer to the out side of the bushing with a threaded bolt thru it.then having the lca in a fixture of some sort but as you ran a nut down the treaded rod it would pull the bushing out of the lca.as my lca is now i only have the outer shell of the bushing in the lca everything else is removed .anyone recall this thread or something close to it?
thanks
terry

It's the one about home made tools if I remember right.

I took a bunch of pictures of my body work tools and powder coating jigs the other day in anticipation of adding to that thread. Thanks for the reminder. :-D

If I'm wrong and you can't find it, a propane torch works really well. :-D Stinks to high heaven though ...........

Yep, weld a washer just big enough to fit in the LCD bushing shell inner diameter.
Tack weld it around the perimeter but do not let the welds hit the frame work of the LCD.

Put it in a large vice or shop press With a bolt and nut to press it out.

well were getting close.
badsport the post#88 is for upper control arm and i need info on the lower control arm.
for me a picture is worth a 1000 words
thanks
terry

-
Back