LCA

-

3404spdfish

Reaction score
my issue.... i have a 69 barracuda 340 4spd car. somebody put 73 disc on the front, i still have factor 69 LCA with sway bar brackets, i cannot completely turn left or right due to the forward facing lower ball joint attaching bolt to spindle hit the sway bar bracket regardless the height of front of car. my 65 cuda has shallow bolt heads and nuts, do they make such a bolt for a 69 or do i have to seek out 73 LCA.

If you use the 73 LCA, the sway bar tab will be in the wrong place. I have the LBP disc on my 69 with no issues.

This is right side. Turning to the left. LCA in down position. That bolt hits from this position all the way to full up position I mean to the LA bump stop up position. TB are not adjusted.

20200602_151418.jpg

20200602_151425.jpg

This is left bolt in from under the car and the nut side in behind rotor. Perfect for turning but rotor doesn't fit right and will notbturm if you attempt wheel bearing adjustmentalso the stop lock touches rightside

20200602_154356.jpg

This is right side. Turning to the left. LCA in down position. That bolt hits from this position all the way to full up position I mean to the LA bump stop up position. TB are not adjusted.

View attachment 1715539378

View attachment 1715539379
Those bolts are too long.
Your options.
Get bolts of the proper length, new or used, with the proper self locking nuts.
Cut the length of your bolts.

Click on this link, it might be of help to you.[FOR SALE] - Bolts, Lower Ball Joint To Spindle. A,B,E, Body. Disc & Drum Brakes.
Also.
You got the full weight of the car on the ground, with wheels and tires on it,
checking your left and right, full turn, suspension travel??
I don't think you do, from what your writing about, in your posting.
Makes a big difference.
You probably don't have any problems at all, when the suspension is at normal ride height, setting level, on the ground, on all 4 wheels and tires.

Last edited:
there is no weight on suspension. no matter angle of LCA the bolt hits in the same spot. i did cut the threaded piece that pretrudes out of the bolt, i did gain on turn radius but still not enough to hit steering stops.

there is no weight on suspension. no matter angle of LCA the bolt hits in the same spot. i did cut the threaded piece that pretrudes out of the bolt, i did gain on turn radius but still not enough to hit steering stops.
Ok, fine, sounds like your going to do what your going to do, and not take the advice with folks that are willing to respond, and take the time in helping you out.
You didn't put the wheels and tires on the car, an take it off the jack stands, and put it on the ground.
You do that, and then find out, if there's a clearance problem, then report back.
You got the weight of the engine in this car??? or you have a bare chassis right now???

i am waiting on new idler arm and pitman arm. after i get those installed i will put full weight back on the tires, yes i do have engine and 4 speed in car minus exhaust of any kind. i do however appreciate any and all help from everybody out here.

-
Back