LD 340 intake

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I would like to use this intake for one it has the heat cross over I need because of the cold weather here,thing is I cant seam yo find one on line.are they not selling them anymore.Anyone know were to search.

Here in the classifieds and on E-bay and such places you'll sooner or later find that 30 something year old discontinued intake.

That intake is so widely desired that scammers took advantage of it before.
Good luck

That's an excellent manifold for the colder weather here in Canada, but as mentioned, they are getting hard to find. Good luck.

I think I have an LD4B. It has a heat crossover and it's a nice high rise dual plane. Has anyone heard of these??

Yes, that is one excellent old tyme intake with big runners. Unlike some poorly cast intakes I've had, this was one nice unit. I like it alot.

I used it on top of my 318 with excellent results.

Not for use with a 340/360

E-bay, here, other mopar sites. not to hard to find. they run around $150 to $175, they are within 2 or 3 hp when compared to the RPM manifolds that sell for $230 or so.

Now to be clear because I sometimes screw things up,this will fit my 360.I have 915 340 J heads.

all right this is making my day witch by the way has been **** so far.One last question will a holley fit it.One of our members here has e mailed me about one so looking forward from hereing back from him.thanks to all.

Yes, the Holley will fit.

If your going to port your heads, port match them to the intake which is the same as the Fel-Pro 1213 gasket that is mostly surplied and on hand at stores. The Intake is near dead on with the gasket.

Also, I noticed, this intake is not within the close range reported above, but is very close, just not 2 or 3 hp. Build dependent.

The intake lacks the RPM height and smooth runners to the head.

The LD-340 keeps excellent pace because the runners are large, just perfect for a well built 340 or (IMO) even better for a well built 360 and larger engine.
Add a carb spacer if you can.

Great info guys I can use all i can.Today I drop off my 915 heades for rebuild,wont be long and the whole motor will be home on my stand.

I used to see them pop up on e-bay quite often a few years back. Less often now, but they still pop up. There's always a few at the Mopar swap meets. Last year I saw 3 at Mopars at the strip, Ranging from $150 to $400.

I saw them go on E-bay for $75 before.

I think I have an LD4B. It has a heat crossover and it's a nice high rise dual plane. Has anyone heard of these??

LD4B is the 273-318 intake. Has the smaller ports. Very desirable for easy bolt on power for a 318. That and a 600 CFM Carb bolted onto a stock 318 up to 1973 is good for a good boost.

LD4B is the 273/318 equivelant to the LD340 for the 340/360.

sounds like this is a decent intake but a little hard to get.What are your thoughts on a Holley street dom intake guys.I read some were,were they said great for street and the strip any truth to this.if so sounds like the best for booth worlds.

up until about 12 years ago, the LD340 was the most sought after sb intake made.... mine is still on a shelf in storage. until the rpm air gap came along i didnt have any interest in something different.

-
Back