LD4B height

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have the intakes height? Fore and aft?

dont know the height, but i do know it will fit under a stock 72 duster hood with a Holley and a drop base Edelbrock air cleaner

Hi rumblefish360. If it helps, I have this intake on my 69 340 dart and it fits onder the hood with the stock air filter in place.

Thanks guys, actually, I'm currently running it on my '74 Duster right now. The current issue is the intake is old and has a stripped carb bolt hole and the water neck bolts are also striped so the thermostat leaks alittle.

While I want to still yet use this intake for future tooling around, I'll need to work on it first. And soon would be good.

I have a OE iron 4bbl and a TorkerII. I know the iron will fit. The TorkerII is a bit overkill, but it would be just temporary.

I was ready to swap carbs today for a trail run of the carb I rebuilt. Dirtiest carb I ever got. Complete with a bug in the fuel bowl. (Should have taken a picture of that one.)

I was thinking of putting the TorkerII on top for a tempary call to duty. It would also make testing carbs out alot easier to do rather than run adapters.

Thus, the question of intake height.

OR

Does anyone run a TorkerII under the stock hood of a Duster 74 without a drop base filter?

Rob,

I have one in storage. If nobody answers before tomorrow, I'll run over and measure it for you.

I'd run a factory 340 cast iron intake with a 1" 4 hole spacer before putting anything with the torker name on my cars. Never been impressed with the torker stuff. There is the weight consideration of lifting that heavy bastird iron over the fenders!

Cracked

Thanks guys, actually, I'm currently running it on my '74 Duster right now. The current issue is the intake is old and has a stripped carb bolt hole and the water neck bolts are also striped so the thermostat leaks alittle.

While I want to still yet use this intake for future tooling around, I'll need to work on it first. And soon would be good.

I have a OE iron 4bbl and a TorkerII. I know the iron will fit. The TorkerII is a bit overkill, but it would be just temporary.

I was ready to swap carbs today for a trail run of the carb I rebuilt. Dirtiest carb I ever got. Complete with a bug in the fuel bowl. (Should have taken a picture of that one.)

I was thinking of putting the TorkerII on top for a tempary call to duty. It would also make testing carbs out alot easier to do rather than run adapters.

Thus, the question of intake height.

OR

Does anyone run a TorkerII under the stock hood of a Duster 74 without a

drop base filter?

Wouldn't be better to use the LD340?

Thanks CB.

I have 2 LD-340's.
The LD-340 has larger port windows than the TorkerII and would like to minimize the air/fuel crashing into the cylinderhead for the time being. It is just a tempary thing. 2 weeks probably at the most.

While during that time, I would like to swap carbs around and make sure I rebuilt them right. Nothing like a road test to know for sure.

This is the carb that came with a bug in it and, also about a 1/4 inch of mud in each bowl. It took a total disassembley, everything, I mean everything came apart. Even after dunking it and running high pressure from the hose and then the air compressor, I had to wire wheel most of it. Took out the dremel and went to work.

100_0663.jpg

100_0664.jpg

100_0667.jpg

100_0669.jpg

-
Back