Leaf Spring Bushing Options

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing the leaf spring bushings on my 74 Dart Sport with polyurethane. It was originally a slant car w/ manual 3 spd., 7 1/4 rear.

The front bushing is 2" diameter. The bolt is 9/16 x 4 1/4. I only see 2" bushings available for 5/8" bolts. The 1 1/2" bushings seem to all have 1/2" holes.

It's going to be mostly strip, so Im also considering aluminum front bushings. I looked at them on Mancini's site and there's no "Add To Cart" button. The 1 1/2 bushings can be added to the cart. ??? Mopar Performance only shows a 1 1/2. Anyone else sell them?

The shackle bushings I have are 7/8".

Is a kit better than buying individual bushings? Who sells what?

It appears I'll have to get the bushings with the 5/8 hole and open up the holes in the mounting bracket.

Last edited:
Well, here's what I did:
-I called Mancini, and as I "assumed", it doesn't show the "Add to Cart" button because it's out of stock. I wondered out loud why they wouldn't state that on their site...
-I ordered Energy Suspension's kit #2106G from Summit.Energy Suspension Leaf Spring Bushing Sets 5.2106G It has 2" spring eye bushings, they don't say what size the shackle bushings are, but from my research, all the A bodies have 7/8" and the B and E bodies have 1".

Thanks for sharing, I did note this review comment in the link you provided.

“Fits a 73 duster. Tightened the suspension up perfectly. The front eye bushing was a little loose for my liking. I bonded the outside of the bushing to the spring to eliminate the play, other than that it was no problem. I think it was due to my aftermarket leaf spring.”

-
Back