Leaf spring to coilovers

-

TOY440

Reaction score
Guys,

What would be involved in changing from leaf springs to coilovers? Is it a simple bolt out/bolt it proposition, or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance

The shocks alone have broken their mounting posts. You wont put the vehicle weight on those.

You have to back half the car, basically tie the suspension to the frame and body of the car. It's not cheap to do

You have to back half the car, basically tie the suspension to the frame and body of the car. It's not cheap to do
There are a lot of different kits out their. some bolt on some weld on for the upper mounts. The rest bolt or weld to the diff. You do NOT need to back half the car in any way shape or form.

I do not know....but I have seen many a 4-bar simply welded to the thin factory frame rails not made (JMHO) for the abuse of big HP and a 4-bar yanking on it.

look at a cross-section of a factory A body rear rail...actually U shaped with the floor sheet metal capping it off and ask your self......
Where's the beef?

I do not know....but I have seen many a 4-bar simply welded to the thin factory frame rails not made (JMHO) for the abuse of big HP and a 4-bar yanking on it.

look at a cross-section of a factory A body rear rail...actually U shaped with the floor sheet metal capping it off and ask your self......
Where's the beef?
isn't that why you have to put a new upper mount between the factory rails? I've seen bolt in pieces and weld in for sale. I mean I put a piece of .120 wall moly tubing welded to moly u channel welded to the rails and bolt on brackets on the 8.75 with qa1 shocks. but this car does not see street duty either.

-
Back