leaf springs

-

FEATHERDUSTER76

The Feather Duster is Mopar's Light Weight
Reaction score
can someone tell me will the leaf springs from a 68 Valiant work on My 76 Duster they bought new ones ( MOPAR performance super stock) and didn't like and replaced them and now have them for sale at 200$

Springs under a 68 4 door Valiant may be 6 leaf too.

Yes but those 68 Valiant springs are 55 years old! think twice before you swap a 55 year old wearing item on your car!!

Yeah buying new super stock springs was probably not a good idea if your car is a fair weather cruiser. You need to get new 340 or HD Springs instead of super stock springs.

Leaf Spring Education Needed

The way I read this is someone bought SS springs for a 68 Valiant and didn't like them so those are the springs for sale. If that's the case, yes they will fit the 76 Duster.

The way I read this is someone bought SS springs for a 68 Valiant and didn't like them so those are the springs for sale. If that's the case, yes they will fit the 76 Duster.
this is correct they are new and he had them on his car for a short time and didn't like them I'm on a no $ budget with this Duster and have to try and get some items as cheaply as possible when it won't hurt performance. Thanks for the info

this is correct they are new and he had them on his car for a short time and didn't like them I'm on a no $ budget with this Duster and have to try and get some items as cheaply as possible when it won't hurt performance. Thanks for the info
I would go get them at that price. Just know the car will favor the driver's side. That's by design. They are biased so that when the car launches, it launches straight. The torque of the engine makes the car twist to the right and lift the left side up so the car is straight on launch. I've driven a lot of cars on the street with them and it never bothered me at all.

What was it that you didn't like about the SS springs, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a set ??

Just remember to measure for the shocks. You do not want a shock that is to short for S/S springs.

Just remember to measure for the shocks. You do not want a shock that is to short for S/S springs.
Yep, the car won't hook And it will slam down coming out of turns as e shock is maxed out. I don't see how the PO of my car dealt w/ that....

-
Back