Leaky manifold bolt

-

dartkory

Reaction score
I just noticed the other day that my rear passenger intake manifold bolt is seeping coolant. The intake gasket is only about 3 months old and when i last changed it i used the printoseal felpro style. I know it's possible it could be the problem but wanted to hear what you guys think. Thanks -kory

Do you know if that bolt goes through a coolant port? I'm worried that coolant is leaking into my motor even though I haven't noticed anything yet.

It does go through to the coolant jacket but it's most likely just following the threads up around the bolt and not going into the engine.
Pull it out and put some silicone sealant on the threads and put it back in.
I'll be fine.

You might want to drain a little of the coolant first, just in case.

Yes ,drain the coolant down a little first .You want the threads to be dry .Take you sum rubbing alcohol on a Qtip and clean the threads in the hole as best you can.Use a good silicone on the threads of the bolt and torque it down.I always use sealer on intake bolts wiether they go into a coolant passage or not.I have had them wick oil past the threads as well and leave a puddle of oil on the intake ...

Do you know if that bolt goes through a coolant port? I'm worried that coolant is leaking into my motor even though I haven't noticed anything yet.
Yes,both the front and rear bolts go into the water jackets,both sides of the block.I had a leak last summer in one.I pulled it out and spread red locktite all over it and re-installed it with no leaks.

All of the intake bolts go into the fluids passages. They would leak coolant through their threads at some and oil at others. The printaseal covers the ports fine but rtv should have been used on all of the bolt threads. Hope this helps

Thanks for the input! I'm going to put some sealant on that bolt today. It makes me feel a lot better to know that the bolt goes through a coolant passage, and that its not my gasket. Thanks again -kory

-
Back