leaky windshield in dart

-

sniekamp

Reaction score
My windshield leaks a little when it rains and I know this isn't a problem to overlook. There are some trim pieces around window that may need to come off. Would simply putting a bead of caulk in the area I think the leak is coming from be an appropriate way to fix this?

1974 dodge dart custom is the car.

My windshield leaks a little when it rains and I know this isn't a problem to overlook. There are some trim pieces around window that may need to come off. Would simply putting a bead of caulk in the area I think the leak is coming from be an appropriate way to fix this?

You should fix this properly by pulling the trim and removing the windsheild.A leaky windsheild will rot the cowl area and the floors over time.Do it right the first time.JMO:D

I would have to say remove the windshield and do it right. How does the windshield gasket look? All dried up, hard and cracked up looking?

Assuming you haven't pinpointed the leak..
The windshield gasket may not be where the leak is. Vent to cowl seals can leak, wiper pivot seals can leak. Those faults are more common.

Indeed. Lay (or should that be "lie"???)under the dash and have somebody do a hose test on it and see if you can find the exact area of the leak or you may be chasing it for months as more damage occurs. If it is the windshield seal pull it like mentioned above. You may actually have to do some repairs around the opening if it's rotted.

-
Back