Leanna's PSC "B5 Blue: trials

-

VOETOM

Reaction score
Here are some images of Leanna's B5 Blue wheel on my old Barracuda spare tire wheel. The blue is very close and looks very good on the car. I need to edit the images some more; the sun here is so bright today.

The first is hers on the left, mine on the right. Mine is lacquer painted twenty years ago.

The second is mine on the car, the third and fourth are hers on the car.

The metallic silver under the blue is more pronounced than my B5 lacquer but I bet some smaller flake will fix that and the final color will be almost a dead ringer. Also see how darn shiny it is compared to my car?

Leanna did very nice work on it for trial number 1 don't you think?
Tom Hand

what

View attachment DSCN7444.jpg

View attachment DSCN7447.jpg

View attachment DSCN7452.jpg

View attachment DSCN7456.jpg

Doesn't get much better than that! Looks more than fine for a wheel. Separated by the tire and wheel well etc they look the same. If anything the hue seems the same. Just PCoated is just a "fresher" newer looking coat than the lacquer that's 25 yrs old.

Kudos to Leanna!

Whewwwwwww!! The crowd cheers!!! Tom, thank you so much for the pictures, and most especially for your willingness to help out with my neverending quest for B5. :-D

It does look pretty dang close! From here on out now, the little variations in paint manufacturer and year should be fairly simple to match, at least close enough to fool the naked eye.

I could not have achieved this long sought-after milestone without you.

Even though I appreciate your and the others' compliments, I think under the circumstances that more kudos need to go out to you. You went above and beyond the call in providing a great original paint sample, buying the powders, and supplying the Test Mule Rim for me to play with. I'm totally tickled pink with these results and consider our little experiment to be a raving success!!!! Thank you again! :-D

What ever color you used Leanna, just label it B5 blue because you hit it sistha :cheers:

Thanks guys!!! :-D I'm going to post a link to this thread in my B5 thread from last week just to help spread the good news.

As always, Leanna, lookin' good.... The parts are nice also.... Great job!

Especially for chasing a moving target. There is variation from batch to batch of paint, and also depending on how much sun the car sees, can fade the paint also.

wow, i absolutely like this colour on this body style. Tom, do you want to get your new rims powdered in this colour? Imagine this with a plymouth dog dish cap.....if i ever have some spare money i´ll get a barracuda fastback :D

Michael

They look awesome! I agree about the bigger flakes.

Off topic, I love how deep they look. Custom or stock? Size? Backspacing?

TIA
Aloha

They are stock 5.5" A body wheels off of 340 cars as far as I recall. I might dig it out of the spare tire well and check but I am sure they a re 5.5" with stock backspacing.
Tom

my spare was done some time ago (pic) mine is a b5/b5 I'll join in Ive been researching powercoating I am thinking of going with custom 15 inch cop car with stainless vented dog dish caps with 5 on 4

DSC00003.JPG

Just a note since no one's mentioned it-

The 1969 fender tag says "B5", but after 1969 was refereed to as "EB5".

GB5 was introduced in 1971 and KB5 in 1974.

They are all different.

This causes a lot of confusion and for some reason people don't seem to get that the first letter matters.

She knows what she s doin. That s obvious with her work. Everything i ve ever seen looks great

Thanks evil! Kind of surprised to see a 3 year old thread revived but your compliment made my night! :-D

-
Back