Leaving Facebook..

-
I'm always in jail.its a shame that site has a great idea to keep up with family and friends but you know..........

I'm always in jail.its a shame that site has a great idea to keep up with family and friends but you know..........
Which is originally why I joined. But, family and friends I have on Facebook don't keep up with me, so flock um. All my local family consists of my sister and her family who I see pretty regularly. Even my local friends on Facebook never call or come by. I have local Mopar friends I never hear from on there. So, I really have no use for it anymore. All you guys on here keep up with me more.

Which is originally why I joined. But, family and friends I have on Facebook don't keep up with me, so flock um. All my local family consists of my sister and her family who I see pretty regularly. Even my local friends on Facebook never call or come by. I have local Mopar friends I never hear from on there. So, I really have no use for it anymore. All you guys on here keep up with me more.
Careful Rob you will be changing your name again

I have an account under a ridiculous fake name only so I can deal with Marketpharce, and THAT is only because people abandoned C/L for Marketpuss. I do have a page with my real name, but there's nothing there, no connections, and I never go there.
Does it get stupid like craigslist did? Although I have scored good deals on CL there was a couple of nonsense interactions that didn't have to go the way they did.

Yup my family and friends direct text, occasionally the wife will say someone was asking about me but most of my inner circle is in my phone.

I'm always working and have no time till I get down and go home

Thinking about doing the opposite and joining just for Marketplace. I got off FB about 10 years ago but I do cruise MP under my wife's account.
I don't respond to any ads under her name and I would like to sell there as well. Just trying to figure out how to do it without junk email, etc.
Not looking for any "friends". It's a shame because I created a group for my car club back in the day but I can't deal with all of the other BS on the site. It's actually worse now and waay too many advertisements.

I have a facebook account but haven't been in there in years. How do you delete it? I tried a few years ago and it wouldn't let me.

I have a facebook account but haven't been in there in years. How do you delete it? I tried a few years ago and it wouldn't let me.
Been a long time but I think you just shut off all notifications in your account. I don't believe you delete your user name or there may be a delay
in order to do that. Maybe there is a way to get into permanent FB jail. Life sentence.

I have a account. I have messed with Marketplace and bought and sold there. I have friends around the world I keep up with. I started a group for my graduating class and it's a great place to manage our upcoming reunion. I started a family group where we share photos and keep up with each other, make vacation plans, and the like. I started a whiskey tasting group that has been fun and informative and I am a member of a local tasting group that posts meeting information and the like. We have a group about the good old days at our local drag strip. Lot's of history and photos from back in the 60's. I moderate on a handful of car sites. There cam be a lot of good there if you use it like it was intended.

Been a long time but I think you just shut off all notifications in your account. I don't believe you delete your user name or there may be a delay
in order to do that. Maybe there is a way to get into permanent FB jail. Life sentence.
Yup. Tried that. I think they hold onto your information because they own it all. Bastards.

I belong to so many Mopar Facebook pages it's all I see when I go on there.... lots of cool Mopar for sale pages, builds and such.

Last edited:
I belong to so many Mopar Facebook pages it's all I see when I go on there.... lots of cool Moapr for sale pages, builds and such.
I do miss that and keep it in touch with some of my older friends but most of them have my phone number anyway I'm just like screw Mark Zuckerberg...

If i remember correctly, you can get harassed by the staff for improper comments. Keep it clean and non-political and there usually aren't issues. Like here only Facebook doesn't have a N&P. LOL

I have a Facebook page I haven't been on in a really long time. My sister needed to video call me about 6 months ago and it took forever for me to log in. Didn't know password anymore and had to redo it all for a shitty couple of minutes on video call that could have been done with pictures and texts. I do have one on a fake name so people can't find me. I use for marketplace and only my wife is a friend so se can messenger me stuff. It's only cars, airplanes and ships on it for me (WWII) stuff. Keeps me happy that way.

I abruptly bailed on Facebook a little over two years ago, right when I was "finishing" my Valiant (the first time). It was right after the election. I didn't annouce it or tell anyone. It was a hiatus that became permanent. I think my last post was about the car.
I got tired of watching people who'd been friends of 40+ years become enemies over something as silly as politics (especially since I'd never heard any of 'em talk politics in person). Even though I didn't partake in such nonsense, it was upsetting to watch. I don't care how you vote, even if we vote identically. I've never once made a friend due to politics.
I bored of the façades of "perfect marriages" and "perfect families" when in the physical world all I hear is complaining. You're married. You fight now and again. Kids can be *****. We get it. Teenage drama is more credible than your Ozzie & Harriet BS.
I never found a Mopar group I could stand for more than a week. So many idiots. So little moderation. I was probably in a total of 35 of 'em, but never more than a few at one time.
I have logged back in a couple of times. I didn't look at my newsfeed or browse or do anything at all. I have a browser extension that, among other things, tells me who's ditched me. It's the first thing that pops up upon login. Not a single person that deleted me has ever made any effort to check in on me, ask how to keep in touch--nothing. Those who had my number have never called. Obviously my presence in their life wasn't as important as insinuated. I looked at the list, found myself unaffected by it, and logged back out.

I sleep better since quitting and I'm a happier person overall. The explosive growth of Marketplace is not enough to suck me back into Fakebook.

-
Back