Lebanon valley ny

-

wirenut

Reaction score
Hi I plan on racing at Lebanon. Never have. The car is a mid 10 sec a body that runs on m1. do they sell it there? Im assuming that if I show up with a car that passes tech and I am properly attired I will be able to race. On their web site it says no shorts and snell aproved helmut required. Is there anything I should be aware of? I'm a newbee to all of this so enlighten me.
Gman

Gary,
They sell fuel at the track. VP if I remember right. Pump station is just past the staging lanes.
Last time I went through tech there they didn't go TOO crazy looking at the car, BUT.....I would prefer they did, especially if it's a new car, or a car new to me.

If you pit in the back (past the staging lanes & past the pump station, there's a lot of grassy areas where you can be away from the "rat race" and the noise. Makes it easier to think about what you're doing.

My advice; just shake the car down on your first visit. 10.50's is pretty damned fast if you're not used to it. Practice on the tree, practice your launch, but don't make a full pass until you're comfortable in the car.

Relax, have fun, and don't forget to eat & drink. There's very little shade there, and it's usually hot as hell up there. Check the weather before you go, those mountains can make the weather change in a NY minute.

If you forgot something, ask another racer. Everyone is more than willing to help another driver. Also, bring shoe polish for the dial in!

Hey man, PM me your email addy again; I want to see pictures of the car, and specs!!!

Here is a link to the track:
http://www.dragway.com/
Good Luck buddy!!!

George

Yes no shorts, but what i and others have done is wear shorts but just slip on pants rite over the shorts when it's time to race, then take off after racing. Make sure your helmet is snell approved for the year they say or newer because i believe they will check that.

Are you talking about going for the Mopar show, Musclepalooza, or whenever???

If they havent seen you before they will take more time. A 10.50s car they will check pretty well, so make sure the basics are covered - dates, SFI stickers, etc. If you have passed stickers from other places it helps too. There was one older fellow who was a real ball buster. I havent been to LVD in a few years but last two times I had been he was the tech guy (private rentals). Like George said - park on the grass on the far side of the staging lanes, or next to the lanes under the trees if you can. It's much cooler...lol.

Good info here from these members,now go have a blast.
I am jealous as I don't do much racing in the mid summer as its to damn hot and I am not a points chaser.But a few more weeks and I will get to go and have some fun.

That is a great track and good people run it too. I consider it my "home track". Just follow everyone's advice and you should have a good day. Good luck!

Hi I plan on racing at Lebanon. Never have. The car is a mid 10 sec a body that runs on m1. do they sell it there? Im assuming that if I show up with a car that passes tech and I am properly attired I will be able to race. On their web site it says no shorts and snell aproved helmut required. Is there anything I should be aware of? I'm a newbee to all of this so enlighten me.
Gman
what car did you end up buying im the guy from ct with the duster ,they sell fuel but its not cheap,no race fuel is I usualy bring my own cam2 its 10.00 a gallon where I get it if your under 11.49 you need a cage and sfi 1 jacket also up to date helmet and belts if they never saw your car before they will check it over fairly well, good luck im fairly new at the track to first few times are nerve racking!

There's a strawberry blonde at the gate selling entrance tickets. I think she's SMOKIN hot! :D

Happy for ya, Gary.

George

ill look for her if my wifes head is turned lol
Well, you'll have to look at her because she's the one who gives you the tickets and puts the wrist band on you, and makes change. I don't think you'll look natural doing all that while looking the other way! LOL

George

belts can not be more then 2 yrs old...helmet must be 2005 or newer...11.49 and faster require roll bar..

what car did you end up buying im the guy from ct with the duster ,they sell fuel but its not cheap,no race fuel is I usualy bring my own cam2 its 10.00 a gallon where I get it if your under 11.49 you need a cage and sfi 1 jacket also up to date helmet and belts if they never saw your car before they will check it over fairly well, good luck im fairly new at the track to first few times are nerve racking!

I ended up with a BB duster from north carolina. I didnt know about the sfi jacket. Its in the 10s. It has a cage. I Know they sell fuel at the track but do they sell M-1 alky?

any pics of your Duster

I have the pix the owner but not the time or know how to post them. I will see what I can do once the car lands here in ct. A freind that looked at it for me there is bringing it on one of his trips back home here.

Are any members going up for the Mid summer shootout this coming weekend?$$$$$$$ payouts after 3rd round is looking pretty good:burnout:

I wish I could make it.
My next trip to the track MIGHT be Sat. Aug. 11 - Open Test & Tune, NETO, Dover Race Warm-Up & NENDRA.
I went last year, and my son and I loved it. We're both "old school" and there were a lot of really nice older cars there.

I wish I could make it.
My next trip to the track MIGHT be Sat. Aug. 11 - Open Test & Tune, NETO, Dover Race Warm-Up & NENDRA.
I went last year, and my son and I loved it. We're both "old school" and there were a lot of really nice older cars there.

I was really thinking of racing this weekend for $$$ but found out that I would be up against guys running electronics with my non electronics car and if I want to throw $$$ around I think I could find a better way.
Plus I am pulling the STR12 crossram off and I am putting on an M1 with a 950hp carb and I need a little time setting it up.
George
I should be racing that weekend,are you guys gonna bring the Dart vert up?
Doug

Doug,
I have no way to get the car there buddy. The pig has 456 gears in it, and it's 115 miles each way, 90% of which is highway.
I don't have the scratch to rent a trailer, and my truck doesn't have a hitch anyway.
We'll be there in my truck as spectators again, but I'd love to hang out in the pits with ya sometime.
I saw you there one time in the past (car sounds great BTW) you were pitted on the grass. My kid & I approached, but you were busier than a one armed paper hanger so I didn't want to bother ya.

George

-
Back